Reporting an EMT class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlemonsters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I took an EMT class at a local EMT company, do I have to report it? I don't remember if I even received a grade -- I just know I passed. There were no units.

EDIT: They are considered post-secondary education.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If I took an EMT class at a local EMT company, do I have to report it? I don't remember if I even received a grade -- I just know I passed. There were no units.

nah breh

I wouldn't consider an EMT class post-secondary in the least. Continuing education section on AACOMAS if anything. Upload a copy of your cert and put it in there. Post-secondary classes would be graduate level, at least as far as I know. EMT classes are frequently taken at a community college or as part of a vocational school, though some universities do offer them.

Source: Am a paramedic

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't consider an EMT class post-secondary in the least. Continuing education section on AACOMAS if anything. Upload a copy of your cert and put it in there. Post-secondary classes would be graduate level, at least as far as I know. EMT classes are frequently taken at a community college or as part of a vocational school, though some universities do offer them.

Source: Am a paramedic

Can you update this post-primary submission?

My EMT and AEMT were at technical colleges and because it was graded with a set number of units, I had to report it and get transcripts.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My EMT and AEMT were at technical colleges and because it was graded with a set number of units, I had to report it and get transcripts.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My EMT and medic classes were the same way. Brought my sGPA up quite a bit due to AACOMAS' new class designation criteria too!

Can you update this post-primary submission?

That part I don't know about, unfortunately. There's a small portion of the app that you can modify post submission, but I don't know if that's one of them. Sorry!