Repeating courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chirpie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does pharmCAS include grades obtained from courses repeated more than once for GPA calculation? I got an F in physics in my sophomore year so I retook it in my junior year and ended up with an AB. This means my average GPA for physics is still below C (1.875, numerically). I read in the PharmCAS website that they "include ALL initial AND repeated course work in its GPA calculations and I also know that most pharmacy schools don't accept grades below C in any of the prerequisites.
I plan to retake physics again in my senior year and aim for an A. Would PharmCAS use all three grades for GPA calculation?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pharmcas will average all three grades to calculate your GPA. Something to keep in mind is that some pharmacy schools have retake forgiveness so they will look at the most recent retake. So if the retake is higher than the previous grades then that's good for you. To find out if the school you want to apply to has this policy you need to contact the admissions office.