repeated classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FowlersGap

The Original Knight Rider
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to read the instructions still but I was wondering how we enter in repeated classes; how do we categorize the class the first time we took it vs the second time?
also do you think its a disadvantage to take the august mcat again? i think i'll do a lot better this time but I didn't want to delay my application? Let me know if anyone's out there that took august mcats and was successful this cycle.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For each class you list there is a box where you can designate the class as a repeat, or honors, or various other things.

People might be tired of the April/August MCAT discussion. Suffice it to say that April is better, August is not the kiss of death, and which would be better in your case is impossible for us to say.

...unless you do worse this time, and have also delayed your application to take the Aug MCAT. That would be bad.

Best of luck!

thanks for the response
do you know any schools that might look at my app before i retake the mcat?
i'm finishing up a masters in physiology so i think i'll do a little better plus i'm a little more focused and mature than i was two years ago

From what you say, you will probably do better this time on the MCAT, as long as you train like heck for it (that's a whole other discussion...).

Tough question about whether the schools and/or AACOMAS will process your app with your old MCATs. If your app is pretty strong, it would be nice to just go for it, then drop the MCAT bomb at your interviews (again, assuming it's better!).

Call AACOMAS first to see what they would do with your app. I have no idea. My gut feeling is, in your case, it would be better to apply early, rather than hope for a bumped score.

Vaya con dios.