Rentals for Wingate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annette22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,those of us going to wingate this fall.do you know where apartments are for rental.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked Monroe for apartments yet?

Are there any nice apartments in Monroe? I've been looking at some apartments in Matthews which is not too far from Wingate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any nice apartments in Monroe? I've been looking at some apartments in Matthews which is not too far from Wingate.

I haven't checked out the interiors. I've been looking at the cost factors mainly as I'm still deciding between schools and Monroe seems like a more convenient location.

If Matthews' apartments are anything like the hotel fares there, then they might be expensive. But I really don't know.:)

I haven't checked out the interiors. I've been looking at the cost factors mainly as I'm still deciding between schools and Monroe seems like a more convenient location.

If Matthews' apartments are anything like the hotel fares there, then they might be expensive. But I really don't know.:)

Whats your price range for rent?

try rent.com guys....there's a couple of things there.....rent runs from 500-800, mostly averaging high 500 and 600. closer you get to charlotte (southeast), it's cheaper, but busier area....if you are looking to commute that far out....rent's around 400-700.

If you're looking at an apt in Monroe: I'm currently paying $605 for a one bedroom at Chase. My friend pays $425 or $450 for an efficiency at Nottingham.

If you are deciding between the Matthews area vs Monroe or Wingate: I know some students who lived in Mattews and further who are now looking to move to Wingate b/c they thought the drive was too long. I don't know any students who lived in Wingate/Monroe this year who are looking to move farther away.

Any Future Wingate Dudes who are interested in roomming together? Private me if you are interested in a roommate for august! Non-Smoker Preferably!

Thanks

Hello Gizmo,
do you have utilities included at the chase.

thanks for your help.Have you seen the new apatment for pharmacy students at wingate.If you have what do you think of it.I received a flyer in reference to that.I am comming from out of state and have no clue on housing.thanks for your imput once again.

Hello Gizmo,
do you have utilities included at the chase.

Water is included, so that saves me about $50/month (based on what my friends pay elsewhere). My electricity ranges from between $50 to $75/mo. Trash is $5.

thanks for your help.Have you seen the new apatment for pharmacy students at wingate.If you have what do you think of it.I received a flyer in reference to that.I am comming from out of state and have no clue on housing.thanks for your imput once again.

I drove by those apts last week.

The good part is that they are near school (close enough for me to walk to school, although most people would probably drive anyway), I think the apts are furnished.

The bad part is that the neighborhood is kinda ghetto (for example, there was vulgar graffitti on one of the houses -- I don't mind that sort of stuff, but my friend's parents didn't like that), and it's a 2-person apt so you would have to share with another student (I think $550/person).

how about Wingate Manor or Gateway Village? Any insights on those Gizmo? Like how the neighborhood surrounding it, stores, walking distance, etc? I noticed they are very close to the school but is it better to go ahead and get the student housing or are those apartments pretty decent? Probably a lot of students that live there huh?

how about Wingate Manor or Gateway Village? Any insights on those Gizmo? Like how the neighborhood surrounding it, stores, walking distance, etc? I noticed they are very close to the school but is it better to go ahead and get the student housing or are those apartments pretty decent? Probably a lot of students that live there huh?

I've actually never seen Wingate Manor or Gateway Village before. It's possible that I have driven past them before while at school, but I never noticed them. I'll have to ask other students who may know more about these apts.

You will be given your password for the WUSOP discussion board sometime in the near future; students post available housing and roommate want ads. This is a good way to get more info from other students regarding housing, etc.

hey i was wondering if anyone is interesting in finding roommates? i was thinking it could be cheaper if we find, for instance, a 4 bedroom apt. or house to rent.

Count me in! I'm all for rooomates

Any Future Wingate Dudes who are interested in roomming together? Private me if you are interested in a roommate for august! Non-Smoker Preferably!

Thanks

have you found housing? they are offering campus housing this year now.