[removed]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyx999

Reaction score
[removed]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do not retake. Use the 508 and go ahead to apply.

With respect to your school list, remove UNC (unless you grew up there - relatives don't count - they take so few OOS) and TA&M. Baylor is ok if you want a donation - maybe you'll get lucky. I'll leave it to others to help you select more schools.

Yo u do not need to retake the MCAT. UNC, Texas A&M and Baylor are unlikely since you are not a resident of those states. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not retake. Use the 508 and go ahead to apply.

With respect to your school list, remove UNC (unless you grew up there - relatives don't count - they take so few OOS) and TA&M. Baylor is ok if you want a donation - maybe you'll get lucky. I'll leave it to others to help you select more schools.

Thank you for the advice! The only reason why I added UNC and A&M was because I have relatives that live there. I'll remove them from my list.

Yo u do not need to retake the MCAT. UNC, Texas A&M and Baylor are unlikely since you are not a resident of those states. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton

Thank you for taking the time to compile this list! I'll be sure to check out those schools and will likely add most of them to my school list. I'm a bit disappointed with my MCAT score, but I'll take your advice and just move forward. I'm really hoping to stay in state. What do you think my chances are for UWash and WSU?

Thank you for taking the time to compile this list! I'll be sure to check out those schools and will likely add most of them to my school list. I'm a bit disappointed with my MCAT score, but I'll take your advice and just move forward. I'm really hoping to stay in state. What do you think my chances are for UWash and WSU?

You're applying next year, not this - right?

Knowing UW and WSU pretty well, I'd say you have a good chance if you can craft a narrative PS and secondary(ies) that speak to both schools' missions. UW is very focused on the under-served communities (including rural) and WSU on rural. They don't like high stats applicants that don't have experience with these communities. Not sure what your clinical experience is but if you're in a city now, I'd try to volunteer at a low-income clinic. If that is not possible, then maybe a homeless kitchen or mission or a something like that.

Then work on the PS to weave all of your experiences into a response that meets and is completely directed to the missions of each of these schools.

You're applying next year, not this - right?

Knowing UW and WSU pretty well, I'd say you have a good chance if you can craft a narrative PS and secondary(ies) that speak to both schools' missions. UW is very focused on the under-served communities (including rural) and WSU on rural. They don't like high stats applicants that don't have experience with these communities. Not sure what your clinical experience is but if you're in a city now, I'd try to volunteer at a low-income clinic. If that is not possible, then maybe a homeless kitchen or mission or a something like that.

Then work on the PS to weave all of your experiences into a response that meets and is completely directed to the missions of each of these schools.

I'm applying in June 2019. A friend of mine is currently in a volunteering program that centers around homeless youths. I've talked to him about joining it and should be starting within the next few weeks. There's also a tutoring program that focuses on under-served communities that I've been wanting to join, so I'll look into starting that as well. I'll be sure to incorporate the experiences that I gain from these programs into my PS and secondaries. Again, thank you for the advice!