Relocating to Seattle...Salary?? Info??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andzpt11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently live in Texas but am possibly relocating to Seattle as my husband is interviewing for a job.

Could anyone give me an idea of some salaries in the area for Outpatient Ortho? Inpatient?

I am still fairly fresh out of school. I have been working in outpatient ortho for 2 years now.

Any other info about Seattle, companies/clinics, etc would also be greatly appreciated as I am not at all familiar with the area. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Use the PTJob Market Pulse for a quick lookup of the states average
2. Pool salaries from careerbuilder and indeed.com for that area and the setting. You can thin down the job offers and pool the mean salary specific to the environment.
3. I would go off of my entrylevel rate when I started to first work in Texas and do a minimum of whatever the pay raise scale was for your specific company as you move forward. So 2 years of raises as a minimum following your initial base offer.
4. Ask for their offer. If the area doesn't pay as well as Texas then counter their offer with your initial companies pay incentive program.
5. If the offer is initially higher than what you would get then take it and run....unless you need to negotiate for relocation expenses. Then, I would counter with that expense.

Hope that helps. That's my approach and that should be a good lateral transfer if the company isn't doing sign on bonuses or doesn't have a large need that will allow heavy negotiation room

Reactions: 1 user
2. Pool salaries from careerbuilder and indeed.com for that area and the setting. You can thin down the job offers and pool the mean salary specific to the environment.
3. I would go off of my entrylevel rate when I started to first work in Texas and do a minimum of whatever the pay raise scale was for your specific company as you move forward. So 2 years of raises as a minimum following your initial base offer.
4. Ask for their offer. If the area doesn't pay as well as Texas then counter their offer with your initial companies pay incentive program.
5. If the offer is initially higher than what you would get then take it and run....unless you need to negotiate for relocation expenses. Then, I would counter with that expense.

Hope that helps. That's my approach and that should be a good lateral transfer if the company isn't doing sign on bonuses or doesn't have a large need that will allow heavy negotiation room

Thank you very much for the info, it is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user