Relevance of Sketchy for *Revised* COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Medguy1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm taking the boards at the end of this year and a lot of the people who took it from the class above me said that it was definitely a harder test than anticipated.

In THEIR words - "COMLEX was presented as a "you either know it or you don't" test. But there were far fewer of those types of questions than we anticipated"

I know that the exam is changing, but in light of that, here's my question. Those that have taken it recently, how much importance would you put on pounding in SketcyMicro and Pharm? If you had to take it again would you focus less or more on those two things? How many questions were more or less straight up recall and "Do you know it or not" questions?

I just want to ask more people than the few I'm close with at my school before looking at changing study plans.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to both of those cold for comlex, just like USMLE. There were some bugs on comlex that weren’t in sketchy but it’s not the end of the world. I completely ignored Robbins for this and I’m so glad I didn’t give into the hype of reading ch 8 (I think) for micro like they’re saying on reddit.

Reactions: 1 users
Material resources haven't changed from what I've heard... sketchy micro, sketchy pharm, and pathoma are gold + FA/BnB

Although I did hear there were a lot of law and ethics stuff for the last revised COMLEX exam.
Just know this material from FA?

Reactions: 1 user
Sketchy Micro and Pharm are both super important. There were some questions on the comlex which weren't in Sketchy, but the vast majority were! N=1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all,

I'm taking the boards at the end of this year and a lot of the people who took it from the class above me said that it was definitely a harder test than anticipated.

In THEIR words - "COMLEX was presented as a "you either know it or you don't" test. But there were far fewer of those types of questions than we anticipated"

I know that the exam is changing, but in light of that, here's my question. Those that have taken it recently, how much importance would you put on pounding in SketcyMicro and Pharm? If you had to take it again would you focus less or more on those two things? How many questions were more or less straight up recall and "Do you know it or not" questions?

I just want to ask more people than the few I'm close with at my school before looking at changing study plans.
Sketchy had ~80% of the material I needed to know for COMLEX. Got the other part from FireCracker and textbooks. Would take the time to add details to the sketchy images if I thought the thing sketchy was missing was important. Making sketchy images into comprehensive mind palaces was really helpful. Scored well thanks to that trick imo. Did this for pharm/micro/path

Sketchy had ~80% of the material I needed to know for COMLEX. Got the other part from FireCracker and textbooks. Would take the time to add details to the sketchy images if I thought the thing sketchy was missing was important. Making sketchy images into comprehensive mind palaces was really helpful. Scored well thanks to that trick imo. Did this for pharm/micro/path
Do you mean edit anki cards as you go?

I have heard lolnotacop Anki deck is very comprehensive.
I've already started Pepper so figured I'd mature that then hit that deck and find new info.

Do you mean edit anki cards as you go?

I have heard lolnotacop Anki deck is very comprehensive.
I've already started Pepper so figured I'd mature that then hit that deck and find new info.
No like actually draw on the images themselves. I downloaded images and took notes directly on them with an iPad so it was easy to do.

Never did the sketchy decks, didn’t seem necessary