Rejection on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlaw06

Just Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I REALLY hope the question I am about to ask has not already been asked, but the library is about to close and I am exhaused...

anyway (w/o people going down my throat about this) my question is: can I find out if programs have rejected my via MyERAS..

thanks and time for some sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

medlaw06 said:
Hey all...I REALLY hope the question I am about to ask has not already been asked, but the library is about to close and I am exhaused...

anyway (w/o people going down my throat about this) my question is: can I find out if programs have rejected my via MyERAS..

thanks and time for some sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

It varies. Some of the nice programs will send you the typical "Thank you for applying....etc. etc." rejecto letters. Others won't even bother ever getting back to you. Of the 20 + programs who rejected me, I had about 6 who I never heard from again.

It seems ridiculous to me that we spend so much time, money, and effort getting the ERAS application done, and sent off, yet some programs won't even dignify your application with response.

thanks for your reply....but I am still a little confused....does that mean that the ONLY way I will know is if programs send me a letter in the mail...is there a way to check whether or not I have been rejected through ERAS, or is it that I have to call and find out from the programs directly....

and also, what about interviews...will I get a letter in the mail, a phone call, or through ERAS....

Thanks for all your help!!!

medlaw06 said:
thanks for your reply....but I am still a little confused....does that mean that the ONLY way I will know is if programs send me a letter in the mail...is there a way to check whether or not I have been rejected through ERAS, or is it that I have to call and find out from the programs directly....

and also, what about interviews...will I get a letter in the mail, a phone call, or through ERAS....

RE: Interviews

Of the five interviews that I have received thus far, all have come via e-mail
--including my ERAS e-mail account. Three of the programs have actually phoned to extend a personal interview invite, in addition to the impersonal e-mail ( I have applied to psychiatry, which is less competitive than many other specialties). Fortunately--I think--I have not received any rejections, though I am still waiting to hear from six more programs; so, WHO KNOWS!? :laugh:

medlaw06 said:

The letters were e-mails sent to my ERAS account at the time. The only person I know who got phone invitations was my hot, blonde, female colleague.......