Rejection feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiaappli1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to ask programs for feedback on your application after being rejected? I wanted to use that info to better prepare for my interviews with other programs.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I doubt you'd get a reply. They're so busy right now, and honestly, it's probably just a numbers thing like you didn't have enough honors or your class rank wasn't high enough, etc that was the cause. Just my thought.

.... or your medical school is not in the prestige range they would like to see written under the interns name in the "our residents" section of the website

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it ok to ask programs for feedback on your application after being rejected? I wanted to use that info to better prepare for my interviews with other programs.
once they've rejected you, you've got literally nothing to lose. just do it if you really want to know. worst case scenario they don't respond

Reactions: 1 user
The most likely scenario is something you can't fix (Step scores, clerkship grades, MSPE, etc) and knowing that will only make you feel bad without giving you anything useful for the future. Just walk away.

Reactions: 2 users
I am with gutonc on this one. I can't imagine it being helpful. This isn't like med school where you can use that feedback to reapply. For majority of us, this will be a one and done deal. Additionally, the places that are interviewing you were clearly willing to overlook any drawbacks your app may have, so no point in hashing it up.

Reactions: 1 user