reinstalling topscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g3k

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may not be an ethical(??) question, but here goes:
I registered for the DAT and bought the Topscore CD and installed it on my computer. I have to take a few prerequisites and then take the DAT... late realization!! :oops: The installation date says September and I will not take the DAT until July next year. So is there a way I can change the date, because I actually did not use the CD yet and will not be using till, say, June and the CD is valid for 6 or 7 months maybe.... or should I just dump it in the trash can ( 50 dollars down the drain :( ) ??

Members don't see this ad.

g3k said:
I registered for the DAT and bought the Topscore CD and installed it on my computer. I have to take a few prerequisites and then take the DAT... late realization!! :oops: The installation date says September and I will not take the DAT until July next year. So is there a way I can change the date, because I actually did not use the CD yet and will not be using till, say, June and the CD is valid for 6 or 7 months maybe.... or should I just dump it in the trash can ( 50 dollars down the drain :( ) ??

I believe a total format would handle it although there are probably registry hacks as well.

g3k said:
I un-installed/re-installed all the time (but still within the 6-month window). The reason for this was bc I couldn't figure out how to re-set my answers. If it doesn't work, you can call them. They will be willing to extend it for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
luder98 said:
I un-installed/re-installed all the time (but still within the 6-month window). The reason for this was bc I couldn't figure out how to re-set my answers. If it doesn't work, you can call them. They will be willing to extend it for you.

Thank you for your replies DrTaco and Luder.

I can call, yes, but their website says that they will extend it for only one month and I need an extension for 4 months!! What do I do?

do u know how to reformat and reinstall windows. This WILL work. you can install it on another HD. I could not find any hacks/cracks on the net and changing vars in the registry didnt work. One thing i just thought of. if u have two HDs try installing on the on windows is not on (ex: d:). I dount this will work but what ever. Reformating is easy especially with windows XP and really help to get your performance back.

Agreed a format is the way to go although I bet there is a way to manually edit the registry. The program isn't widespread enough to be a target for cracks or whatever.

Thank you I will look into that. I do have the windows XP version. I do not have two hard disks. I am going to ask my husband if he knows to reformat and reinstall as I dont know how to do it.

Most of those things are hackable. It's just what is appropriate to do. Have you thought about installing into another PC?

luder98 said:
Most of those things are hackable. It's just what is appropriate to do. Have you thought about installing into another PC?

No I have not. The only other is my husband's work laptop. I dont know if that would be possible.

I did the same thing. All you have to do is always change the date on your computer so it never registers anything over that 6 month period. Once the date on your computer goes past the 6 months you are screwed.

doc_dent said:
I did the same thing. All you have to do is always change the date on your computer so it never registers anything over that 6 month period. Once the date on your computer goes past the 6 months you are screwed.

So, I change the year to 2003 is that ok? I know I am appearing dumb, but I have never done things like these :D

just change hte computer clock to the day you installed it. i think the program wasn't programmed correctly enough to recognize date changes. so you should be able to do that.

btw since you have windows xp make sure you disable the time synchroise (sp?) function on your computer clock. and make sure that no other programs have access to that clock

rocknightmare said:
just change hte computer clock to the day you installed it. i think the program wasn't programmed correctly enough to recognize date changes. so you should be able to do that.

btw since you have windows xp make sure you disable the time synchroise (sp?) function on your computer clock. and make sure that no other programs have access to that clock

Thank you

Changing the clock and date works fine with some programs. However, there is one thing you should be aware of. If you use Microsoft Outlook, Express... or any similar program (non web-based) as your email program, it will stamp your system time/date to the email you send out. Thus, when you send someone an email, he or she may not see it because his/her mail software will sort it to as far down as you set your clock. I find this very annoying.

just use web mail till further notice ;) btw its a very handy feature, when i had home work due at 12 Midnight and I e-mail it at 12:20 but still made it look like 12:00 (i need those 20mins :)