Registry Refresher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snulma1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, for those of us in the fight of trying to get into med-school while retaining our NREMT certs, there has been a break-through...

I may be late in finding this out, but its a ray of light none the less. NR is now accepting college courses for your additional 24 hours. Biology, Chemistry, A&P, Psych, Sociology.. and a few others. The woman I spoke to at NR told me that you can count the hours you spend in the classroom, I was still nervous about that, and only counted my credit hours.

I think this is only for NREMT-P and maybe I's. But check out the recertification requirements.

Hope this helps others as it has helped me!

Members don't see this ad.

They have been doing this for several years.. I used this my last refresher...

Hour for hour (up to 24 per course), for all levels including basics. I used two courses for my first recert with no questions asked.

I just recently had to get a new card myself, but instead of submitting all those hours and stuff I just re took the written test. I was done in a half hour and that was it. It did cost a couple bucks but honestly I think it was worth it considering the time saved.