Regards from an Iraqi Surgeon to SDN Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Salah Salih

Reaction score
Dear Surgeons at SDN, I hope you are doing well, my name is Salah Saleh, I am an Iraqi Surgeon, a Board certified in general surgery in 2012 (5 years residency at the Iraqi Board of Medical Specialties – General Surgery), besides having a high diploma in general surgery in 2012 too, and has passed the iMRCS (Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons - UK) part I and II in 2009 and 2011 respectively, and I had MBChB from the University of Mosul – College of Medicine – Year 2002. I work as a full surgeon at Baquba teaching hospital in Diyala Governorate, I was the former head of surgeons at this hospital, and currently the vice president of the Iraqi society of general surgeons in my Governorate – part from the Iraqi Society of general surgeons headquartered in Baghdad; beside I am the vice president of the Iraqi medical doctors’ association of Diyala Governorate branch. My interest in general surgery focused on Neck surgeries, especially Thyroid and Parotid glands; GIT surgeries especially Pancreas, stomach and colon; minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries and Trauma. I would like to join this forum the SDN, the surgeons sub-forum to share, discuss and exchange experiences over the topics – cases – I will present and to interact with your cases you present. I came to this group after a referral from my friend @DrAmir0078 who is an Iraqi American and currently a third year resident in Anesthesia and Intensive Care at the Iraqi Board, he was talking highly about this forum and how his knowledge widened after he shares his cases in the sub-forum of SDN Anesthesiologists, and I told him let me try post my cases, and to seeing the discussions, so this is my first post to introduce myself to you my fellows in practice. As you know, I work in Iraq, it is a limited resources Country, and we try our best to save the lives of our patients and give them the best care we can; sometimes we think out of the box to deter lots of difficulties those we confront on regular bases. I hope, I didn’t bring a long message, and I am here to answer your questions, and will do my best to share my experience with you all. Best wishes .... Sincerely, Salah Saleh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Dear Salah,
I am so glad that you joined this forum, I am so sure this outstanding forum with their members will bring extra knowledge to all parties, as I am getting such knowledge from this forum since I joined it over 2 years ago, and had post many threads and got the SDN anesthesiologists' insight and trying my best to share my knowledge and my experience in such a limited resources and exhausted medical system in Iraq.
I am so thankful for the admins to accept my friend Salah, and I am sure, his next scientific threads about his amazing rare cases and his outstanding outcomes too will bring a very promising discussions.
Dr. Salah, is my colleague since the college time - a classmate - and since then, he was very neat, very organized, serious, brave, and brings lots of joy to his friends, and when he chose general surgery, he followed his heart and dreams; he is one of the famous figures in his city, and very meticulous in his work, and love his patients.
Bless your heart my friend.
Thanks SDN Surgeons.
Yours,
Amir

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Dear Salah,
I am so glad that you joined this forum, I am so sure this outstanding forum with their members will bring extra knowledge to all parties, as I am getting such knowledge from this forum since I joined it over 2 years ago, and had post many threads and got the SDN anesthesiologists' insight and trying my best to share my knowledge and my experience in such a limited resources and exhausted medical system in Iraq.
I am so thankful for the admins to accept my friend Salah, and I am sure, his next scientific threads about his amazing rare cases and his outstanding outcomes too will bring a very promising discussions.
Dr. Salah, is my colleague since the college time - a classmate - and since then, he was very neat, very organized, serious, brave, and brings lots of joy to his friends, and when he chose general surgery, he followed his heart and dreams; he is one of the famous figures in his city, and very meticulous in his work, and love his patients.
Bless your heart my friend.
Thanks SDN Surgeons.
Yours,
Amir
Dear Amir, I thank you for these nice words & for SDN Surgeons for this apportunity for sharing experience & I'm glad to discuss cases with others for getting better results for our patients.
Again thank you Dear Amir & I hope that I was as you said.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Surgeons at SDN, I hope you are doing well, my name is Salah Saleh, I am an Iraqi Surgeon, a Board certified in general surgery in 2012 (5 years residency at the Iraqi Board of Medical Specialties – General Surgery), besides having a high diploma in general surgery in 2012 too, and has passed the iMRCS (Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons - UK) part I and II in 2009 and 2011 respectively, and I had MBChB from the University of Mosul – College of Medicine – Year 2002. I work as a full surgeon at Baquba teaching hospital in Diyala Governorate, I was the former head of surgeons at this hospital, and currently the vice president of the Iraqi society of general surgeons in my Governorate – part from the Iraqi Society of general surgeons headquartered in Baghdad; beside I am the vice president of the Iraqi medical doctors’ association of Diyala Governorate branch. My interest in general surgery focused on Neck surgeries, especially Thyroid and Parotid glands; GIT surgeries especially Pancreas, stomach and colon; minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries and Trauma. I would like to join this forum the SDN, the surgeons sub-forum to share, discuss and exchange experiences over the topics – cases – I will present and to interact with your cases you present. I came to this group after a referral from my friend @DrAmir0078 who is an Iraqi American and currently a third year resident in Anesthesia and Intensive Care at the Iraqi Board, he was talking highly about this forum and how his knowledge widened after he shares his cases in the sub-forum of SDN Anesthesiologists, and I told him let me try post my cases, and to seeing the discussions, so this is my first post to introduce myself to you my fellows in practice. As you know, I work in Iraq, it is a limited resources Country, and we try our best to save the lives of our patients and give them the best care we can; sometimes we think out of the box to deter lots of difficulties those we confront on regular bases. I hope, I didn’t bring a long message, and I am here to answer your questions, and will do my best to share my experience with you all. Best wishes .... Sincerely, Salah Saleh
Welcome. There are a few attending surgeons around here although I would venture that the majority of the active participants are residents and fellows. Participation tends to drop off quite a bit after graduation, but there are some of us who stick around to continue to help out as best we can in deference to all that SDN gave to us when we were students and residents.

I am sure case discussion would be welcome although providing medical advice is strictly against SDN terms of service, but moderators could weigh in further. Please remember to remove identifying information when posting as this forum tends to follow American style HIPAA regulations. Some social media is also beginning to encourage getting express patient permission prior to posting cases, and that has become somewhat of a contested topic on Twitter.

Welcome! I am sure we can all learn a great deal from one another!

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome. There are a few attending surgeons around here although I would venture that the majority of the active participants are residents and fellows. Participation tends to drop off quite a bit after graduation, but there are some of us who stick around to continue to help out as best we can in deference to all that SDN gave to us when we were students and residents.

I am sure case discussion would be welcome although providing medical advice is strictly against SDN terms of service, but moderators could weigh in further. Please remember to remove identifying information when posting as this forum tends to follow American style HIPAA regulations. Some social media is also beginning to encourage getting express patient permission prior to posting cases, and that has become somewhat of a contested topic on Twitter.

Welcome! I am sure we can all learn a great deal from one another!
Thanks alot, & of course I will follow the standards & I apologise if something gets wrong in future & I will be glad to inform me about anything wrong.
Best Regards

Reactions: 1 users