rediculously simple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bandit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else use these little books? I gotta tell ya--I love them. Been using them since PA school, and now quick reminders in med school.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm the first person to jump on someone for mocking a simple spelling mistake on an internet message board so I hate to point it out...but one in the thread title? that's a little ridiculous...

velocypedalist said:
I'm the first person to jump on someone for mocking a simple spelling mistake on an internet message board ridiculous...

Liar! This is just like saying "I am the first one to jump on someone for being a thief" then you go and rob a bank.

This is hippokrissy. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
ouch! That is a bad one!

TruTrooper said:
Liar! This is just like saying "I am the first one to jump on someone for being a thief" then you go and rob a bank.

This is hippokrissy. :D
Um actually...velocity was saying that he/she is the first one to jump on someone who MOCKS someone else for making a spelling mistake. I think you read it wrong...00ps...

It's ridiculous how many times I see ridiculous misspelled on message boards.

As to the books, the only one I found to be useful was micro.

Prophecies said:
Um actually...velocity was saying that he/she is the first one to jump on someone who MOCKS someone else for making a spelling mistake. I think you read it wrong...00ps...

Um, I don't believe so...read the last sentence. Is the double-entendre not a mock?

Yeah, he's mocking the guy. But he's saying that the mistake was so ridiculous that even he had to mock the guy.

to the OP: I really like the "microbiology" one. a second year told me the other ones aren't as good.

Kazema said:
Yeah, he's mocking the guy. But he's saying that the mistake was so ridiculous that even he had to mock the guy.

Yeah but we all know that spelling accuracy is one of the first things to go in medical school.

it's starting to get on my nerves when i see someone spell rediculous.

it's pronounced with a "rid". you guys don't actually say it's "red" iculous, do you? or do you guys say it's "reed" iculous?

watch that spelling people. you don't want to misspell a prescription medication when you're a doc.

Our Micro teachers were so against the book that I didn't look at it until studying for the boards and I wish I had looked at it throughout the class. I think that one is good.

I also liked the anatomy one; the brachial plexus diagram really helped me.

YouDontKnowJack said:
it's starting to get on my nerves when i see someone spell rediculous.

it's pronounced with a "rid". you guys don't actually say it's "red" iculous, do you? or do you guys say it's "reed" iculous?

watch that spelling people. you don't want to misspell a prescription medication when you're a doc.

Well...Balki from Perfect Strangers would always say "don't be "red"iculous" and he was very wise :laugh:

sorry, im stupid, what are the books called?

Tallguy said:
Well...Balki from Perfect Strangers would always say "don't be "red"iculous" and he was very wise :laugh:

I loved that show! (I know, I know, completely unrelated to the thread...)

It's just too bad I don't know what station it plays on anymore. I still watch all the old classics.

isellcrack2kids said:
sorry, im stupid, what are the books called?

The titles are like "Clinical Biochemistry Made Ridiculously Simple" or "Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple". I think there is one for every subject.

I bought them all because I subscribe to the theory that if you sit in a semicircle of books that you'll get smarter....

I've looked over them all, and my top few are:
1) Psychiatry MRS
2) Microbiology MRS
3) Acid-Base Electrolytes MRS
4) Acute Renal Insufficiency MRS

The one's I've found less than stellar are:
1) Physiology MRS
2) Neuroanatomy MRS

All the others are moderatly good...having good and bad characteristics.

I like to read them before I take a course. Read, not study them I mean. I just glance through them to get the big picture and skip anything hard or boring. They're easy to read because they're written conversationally. Sometimes have nice mnenomics as well.

Useless for studying though. Too much overview and not enough details.

velocypedalist said:
I'm the first person to jump on someone for mocking a simple spelling mistake on an internet message board so I hate to point it out...but one in the thread title? that's a little ridiculous...

People who make fun of spelling mistakes serve no purpose. I hope I spelled something wrong here. Good Job! You rock :)

This thread is the reason I hate this message board.

JDAD said:
This thread is the reason I hate this message board.
...and yet you have over 1000 posts. I guess there are some redeeming qualities that make you want to come back for more. :D