Red/Green dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Henderson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you know any one in medical school who had a color deficiency (red/green)? Would this keep me from getting into a Med school and if not what specialties could I go into? I've always wanted to go into the Radiology field. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

There were people in my class who had red-green color blindness. They always complained that they couldn't see the red laser pointer. Subsequently, there was a standing request by us to our profs not to use it.
I don't think the color blind question is on the applications and I just wouldn't mention it unless specifically asked. If anyone has any other info or experience, your input is appreciated. I'll try to find out more too.
Jim Henderson, MD

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of Medicalstudent.net

You'll be fine! Radiology images are all black/white anyway! You might have trouble in pathology.

I would also suggest using the display accommodations feature on your tablet or computer. If you have an iPad:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations and select Color Filters

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't even 2 years old when this question was asked. Quality necrobump!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You'll be fine! Radiology images are all black/white anyway! You might have trouble in pathology.

I would also suggest using the display accommodations feature on your tablet or computer. If you have an iPad:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations and select Color Filters

This question was literally asked before some of the people on this forum were born. I'm not sure how you even managed to find this thread, much less how it's been archived and available for that long. Kudos, though - I think this might be the longest necrobump I've ever seen on ANY forum, not just this one.

What's even stranger is that this is your first post ever on SDN.

• Haha
  • Wow

I had to blink and look at the date three times. Did you seriously just open up a 20 year old thread???????

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else spooked that Jim was answering his own questions? Was '99 SDN that lonely?

• Haha
Truly a mysterious med student indeed.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else spooked that Jim was answering his own questions? Was '99 SDN that lonely?

Back then, I think SDN was partially an anonymous question/answers forum - the "original post" was really someone else asking the question to Jim directly and him pasting it, then he answered the question in a followup comment. He didn't ask and answer his own question, most likely.

Back then, I think SDN was partially an anonymous question/answers forum - the "original post" was really someone else asking the question to Jim directly and him pasting it, then he answered the question in a followup comment. He didn't ask and answer his own question, most likely.
Look at the names.

That makes sense, though I don't understand why he'd need two account to do that.

Look at the names.

Yes, and my point is that Jim posted this thread to answer a question he got anonymously and for others to reference in the future. He first posted the question, and then responded to it with his answer. The thread only exists for others to see the question/answer. Why he used two accounts is another question entirely.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, I didn’t know SDN existed during the dial-up era.

• Haha
I don't think we need to worry about that.

(Posted Sept. 2004)
He mentioned in his last thread that he was one of the founders of SDN. Pretty cool if that's true. He should get an admin emeritus or founder title if that's actually true.

• Haha
Seeing as this thread is older than I am, I think I'll just go ahead and put it to sleep. Feel free to open up a new thread if there are any questions regarding this topic which remain.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.