Red Flag Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pattycake2904

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a quick question I'd like to get your thoughts on. My freshman year of college I was caught with alcohol in the dorms and subsequently received an MIP. I, of course, disclosed this conviction on my application for this cycle and explained the situation. Almost three years removed from this incident, my record has been completely clean with not even a speeding ticket. I guess my question is if this conviction is going to destroy my chances of getting into medical school. I know in no means will it look good but I haven't been able to find a good answer regarding the impact of it so I was just curious what your thoughts were. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I had a quick question I'd like to get your thoughts on. My freshman year of college I was caught with alcohol in the dorms and subsequently received an MIP. I, of course, disclosed this conviction on my application for this cycle and explained the situation. Almost three years removed from this incident, my record has been completely clean with not even a speeding ticket. I guess my question is if this conviction is going to destroy my chances of getting into medical school. I know in no means will it look good but I haven't been able to find a good answer regarding the impact of it so I was just curious what your thoughts were. Thanks!
If the full extent of this was your getting caught with alcohol in the dorms, then you'll be fine as long as you own up to your mistake. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)