reconstitution term?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

storyhill2

love another
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think there is a term for this but I can't remember it and google isn't helping. For ertapenem IM injections. Product labeling instruction to dilution 1000 mg with 3.2 ml of lidocaine. The resulting diliution is 280 mg/ml, not 1000mg/3.2ml=312.5mg/ml if you do the straight math. The actual volume for the full dose is 3.6 ml. There is some sort of expansion or contraction happening? What is the term for this? Thanks anyone who can dig that term up from their heads.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean, I can't think of a drug specific term, but I guess you are talking about the partial molar property of a solute. The drug and inactive ingredients in the powder still take up space when in solutions.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I don’t remember learning a specific term I just remember learning that the powder occupies space. The final volume isn’t just the lidocaine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quantum satis (abbreviation q.s. or Q.S.) is a Latin term meaning the amount which is enough. It has its origins as a quantity specification in medicine and pharmacology, where a similar term quantum sufficit ("as much as is sufficient") has been used (abbreviated Q.S.).

Yeah I don’t remember learning a specific term I just remember learning that the powder occupies space. The final volume isn’t just the lidocaine.
you might be right. I was just thinking I remember a term. I may be mistaken.