recommended Textbooks for Endodontics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Kenan

Reaction score
I have been accepted into master degree program in Endodontics
what books do you recommend for this field during my postgraduate studies .

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been accepted in master degree program in Endodontics
what books do you recommend for this field during my postgraduate studies .
Endodontics Review 2nd Edition

Can't go wrong with the classic Pathways of Pulp

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends what you are looking for… if I you are interested to get an introduction to endodontic
Literature in a small book then “Endodontics review: a study guide” 2nd edition but it’s not going to be thorough enough.

The two main endodontics text books are Cohens pathways of the pulp and Ingles Endodontics. Cohens might seem like a big book, but ingles is double the size!

It depends what you are looking for… if I you are interested to get an introduction to endodontic
Literature in a small book then “Endodontics review: a study guide” 2nd edition but it’s not going to be thorough enough.

The two main endodontics text books are Cohens pathways of the pulp and Ingles Endodontics. Cohens might seem like a big book, but ingles is double the size!
Thanks for your reply,
What are your thoughts on Grossman's and Torabinejad's Endodontics

whats your opinion in Torabinejad's Endodontics or Grossman for the beginning ... pathway is such HUGE book
Endodontics for Dummies then. I heard it’s short, easy to read and has lots of nice pictures.
But seriously, would you rather spend an arm and a leg on a smaller textbook or one that has detail chapters. I recommend pathway of the pulp, or Ingles. Both very detailed.

Endodontics for Dummies then. I heard it’s short, easy to read and has lots of nice pictures.
But seriously, would you rather spend an arm and a leg on a smaller textbook or one that has detail chapters. I recommend pathway of the pulp, or Ingles. Both very detailed.
LoL 😂😂
Thanks for your reply Doc
I have Cohen's in my office as my reference, i just need easier book that would give me recent overview in endodontics for the beginning then i would move to cohen

Btw : do you recommend ingles over cohen ?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply,
What are your thoughts on Grossman's and Torabinejad's Endodontics

Yes the Walton/Torabinejad principles and practice book is good and concise. It doesn’t go into too much detail.

Ingles is a great book, but gets into a lot of detail about some specific subjects. I think pathways is more well rounded.

Haven’t read Grossmans

Yes the Walton/Torabinejad principles and practice book is good and concise. It doesn’t go into too much detail.

Ingles is a great book, but gets into a lot of detail about some specific subjects. I think pathways is more well rounded.

Haven’t read Grossmans
I see
Thank you very much Doc.