Recommendations for SNF-focused EMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CHS1983

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My partner and I are SNF-based PMR, and we are in need of a decent EMR. Right now we are basically doing our notes in Word, and uploading to our facility EMR system (copy and paste).

However, we would prefer an EMR like EPIC that has templates with smart-phrases and selectable areas where we can click through to input information. EPIC is great with this as you can use “***” as a way to designate areas that are automatically selected when you hit the tab key to enter in information. Ideally something similar to this feature would be great. We definitely don’t want a SOAP style feature where we have to input different information in different boxes.

We don’t need office scheduling features, e-prescription, billing , or other fancy features. Just a secure EMR that lets us create our own templates and can let us zoom through notes by tabbing through required sections.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Technically you can do dot phases with word. It’s not as clean and easy but it can be done.

I do SNF work as well and prefer documenting on Word. I find that for a lot of EMR's out there, the time lag to load pages decreases my efficiency.

My partner and I are SNF-based PMR, and we are in need of a decent EMR. Right now we are basically doing our notes in Word, and uploading to our facility EMR system (copy and paste).

However, we would prefer an EMR like EPIC that has templates with smart-phrases and selectable areas where we can click through to input information. EPIC is great with this as you can use “***” as a way to designate areas that are automatically selected when you hit the tab key to enter in information. Ideally something similar to this feature would be great. We definitely don’t want a SOAP style feature where we have to input different information in different boxes.

We don’t need office scheduling features, e-prescription, billing , or other fancy features. Just a secure EMR that lets us create our own templates and can let us zoom through notes by tabbing through required sections.

Thanks!

PM me and I will send you some info. We have an amazing fully integrated with PCC cloud based EMR. Smart phrases, pulls in data from PCC, billing/MIPS etc.

Reactions: 1 users