Recommendation Letters for Reapp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkasan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am reapplying to MD schools this year from my apps last year. I graduated undergrad in 2000 and from a SMP in 2001. between then and now I have taken 35 hours of postbac undergrad classes to improve my prereq's. in those postbac undergrad classes, I have made all A's. the recs I used last year were from a physics, anatomy, and psychology professor.

my question is what I should do with recs for this upcoming year. I spoke to a dean of admissions at one MD school and he recommended getting a rec from my masters program. I don't know if a rec from one of those professors will be any good as it was about 5 years ago and I don't think I did very much to stand out in that class.....especially 5 years later. I could get recs from professors in my second semester bio class I took this spring and one from my organic I professor from the spring as well.

any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a reapplicant using a couple letters from my last go-around (applied in 2004), but I got an updated letter from my advisor and another physician letter. My pre-med advisor said that the 2004 letters would be fine to use as well.