Recent DAT takers, was there lots of word problems on your test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessica22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really slow at math and really afraid of word problems. I can do them, just very slow.... so if you guys can tell me whether there will be a lot of word problems on the test... I would greatly appreciate it!!! thanks you guys a bunch....

Members don't see this ad.

jessica22 said:
I'm really slow at math and really afraid of word problems. I can do them, just very slow.... so if you guys can tell me whether there will be a lot of word problems on the test... I would greatly appreciate it!!! thanks you guys a bunch....

There should be around 10 word problems. When are you taking the DAT jessica22?

Gasedo,

I'm taking it on April 15. How about you? I heard one of my friend said that there were a lot of word problems on her test. Wonder if it's true:)...

Members don't see this ad :)
foodforthots,

can u tell me when u take it and how approximately how many are there?

Sadly, yes and I didnt' finish my QR part. But one thing i could tell u is, they are not that hard, just practice to do in a faster pace. I shamely admit that i overestimate myself and didn't practice QR that much, and as a result i only got 18 :( . So practice!! I'm sure if you practice a lot, it will be a breeze for u on the test day. Good luck!

jessica22 said:
Gasedo,

I'm taking it on April 15. How about you? I heard one of my friend said that there were a lot of word problems on her test. Wonder if it's true:)...
I'm taking it in May. :(

Gasedo,

You still have a lot of times, don't worry. why sad face? i'm sure u'll do fine.