Receiving a Letter from an Interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clemson Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had a medical school interview, and felt that it went really well. This particular school had me meet with two interviewers on interview day. The following day, I sent hand-written thank you notes to both of my interviewers thanking them for taking the time to meet with me and review my application.

Much to my surprise, I received a hand-written letter from one of my interviewers several days later. He said that he really enjoyed meeting me, that it was a pleasure to review my file, and that our time together went by way too quickly. He is on the admissions committee at this school.

I would think that it sure looks good for me to receive an acceptance from this particular school in the next few weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Any thoughts you have are much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Not a direct answer to your question,

but that's surely a good sign. However, the decision is made by a comittee, so even if one comittee member really likes YOU, other members have to be so.

I got congratulatory letters from both my interviewers at SUNY: Upstate after my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a thank you note from my interviewer at Wayne State and I got an acceptance there

Excellent!

Thanks for your responses guys.

comatose,

Congratulations on being accepted at MUSC dental school, as well as earning your Clemson degree! That is really awesome. I understand that MUSC has a really good reputation among dental schools.

I am still waiting to hear from MUSC regarding an interview for medical school. I have, however, interviewed at South Carolina and was very impressed. Their match list and board scores are good, and I felt like the faculty is supportive of the students. It tends to be better for primary care than MUSC, but MUSC is better for specialties, so it really depends on what a student wants. If I had the choice between the two, I am not sure which I would pick at this point.

I hope that we will kick Tennessee's redneck @$$ in the Peach Bowl as well. I hate their fake orange as well as their redneck fans! It would be a huge win for our program.