Rec Letter from Prof/Doc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THEBACKANDFORTH

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

So tonight I asked a former anatomy prof for a letter of recommendation, and when I looked up his contact info, saw that he is now a resident physician at the medical school where he used to be a professor. In less than two hours, he sent me a PDF of the letter for me to review (I didn't even ask; seriously he's such a nice guy). He wrote my letter in regard to a science course, but also commented on my capacity to be a doctor. For DO schools that ask for only two letters, could I use this as my doctor letter (or a doc letter for any school), and a biology prof for the faculty letter? It's on med school letterhead, stating his position as a year two resident. he's an MD/PhD. thanks for the answers in advance!

It's a really good letter that I intend to use, I just want to know how to best use it
adcoms, please correct me if I'm wrong.
But if this person knew you as a student then he/she is likely most qualified to comment on that. Of course, there are some capacities as a student that also speak to capacities to be a doctor. But it's still different than someone who saw you in a clinical setting. But I am a little confused as to how you could tell medical schools which requirement this letter fulfills, professor or doctor. Hopefully someone else can weigh in