Rebounding after a breakup?

lNVlNClBLE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
close

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. You don't sound like you are in the right state of mind to begin an actual relationship, so I am assuming it would just be FWB with this girl. In which case, if you want to pursue, you need to be honest with her and tell her that that is all it is. You're not into her, so by definition you would be using her - if she just wants to use you too, fine, but it needs to be made crystal clear.

Some girls love broken birds, and she may be under some impression that she is going to save you, you'll fall in love with her, she'll heal your wounds, blah blah.....don't play into that. Overall, I would heavily advise against it, especially if you are not even interested in her in the first place. Your girl only broke up with you recently (I assume) and it sounds like it was a rough relationship. You need some time to figure out where you stand and what you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know SDN is hardly the place for relationship advice..

Today I found out that my now ex-girlfriend cheated on me (for a second time). Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... you're gone.

I still care deeply about her. But there's another girl that has been hardcore flirting with me since she found out I'm now single. I've never been one to rebound, but I am just so upset right now over everything.

I don't think it would be fair to this new girl to show interest because in all honesty, I'm not. It would be strictly a rebound and I don't want to hurt her (she is a good person as far as I know).

Any suggestions? Never been through this before.

You should probably read Roosh's forums about modern Western women, mind you he is not politically correct and he pulls no punches, but he is spot on about how most modern Western women are like these days. I say move on, if you found someone new you are lucky. I got divorced several years ago and it stung real bad, but I got over it. Now I got used to the idea that who ever of the opposite gender enters your life, they are not going to be your life partner, that idea is antiquated.

I know SDN is hardly the place for relationship advice..

Today I found out that my now ex-girlfriend cheated on me (for a second time). Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... you're gone.

I still care deeply about her. But there's another girl that has been hardcore flirting with me since she found out I'm now single. I've never been one to rebound, but I am just so upset right now over everything.

I don't think it would be fair to this new girl to show interest because in all honesty, I'm not. It would be strictly a rebound and I don't want to hurt her (she is a good person as far as I know).

Any suggestions? Never been through this before.

Oh cmon...

I got divorced during my first semester of medical school, to most people such an event would be a disaster, but for me it was the best thing that ever happened to me because it freed me from the shackles of a bad marriage and allowed me the freedom to start dating again and meet new women.

I think most people just have to assume that your significant other these days is not going to be with you for life given the way relationships are these days, people wind up having multiple partners over the course of their lifetimes now, that used to be considered a bad sign in the past, but its normal now given half the adult population is divorced or has been divorced.

Reactions: 1 user