Rearview mirror: Padding til our stresses go away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, could have included apps, but decided everyone has different stresses right now

Members don't see this ad.

And if you don't like it, deal with it :p :smuggrin:

Now I'm really going to study...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, could have included apps, but decided everyone has different stresses right now

I'm iatrosB and I approve this message (thread title)

congrads on the test by the way...it'll be over before you know it

you're right I couldn't stay away..and thanks!

Turns out I passed Anatomy.

Now for Pharm, Gen Med (Neuro & ID), Documentation & Interviewing, Psychosocial Aspects, Research & Stats, EKG, and whatever I'm forgetting.

Whatever happens this Fall, I have one of these so it's all going to be okay...

http://www.trapperkeeper.com/

Holy Cow!:eek: I haven't seen one of those in years! Do they still make them (i guess so...)

Congrats on passing anatomy. Doing the first section on the head a couple years back convinced me I'd never be an ENT:laugh: I have big clunky ortho (or EM!) hands.

By the way... I am now officially done with my project. And in case you didn't know:

There is no statistically significant evidence to recommend the use of thrombolytic therapy in addition to current ACP recommended heparin therapy in patients who present with submassive pulmonary embolism (defined as normotensive with right ventricular strain noted on ECG).

just FYI:rolleyes:

Oh crap!

...I'll be right back...

;)

Sadly, my program gives me no extra points for wit.

Maybe I can get some points later in the term, if I make the standardized patient laugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcoming the new thread with a +pad+

Just stopping by to do my bit...whats up peeps?

+pad+

Aww man...I didn't really get any productive studying done (can't remember anything I looked at) and missed everyone. Such is my luck of the day.

Oh crap!

...I'll be right back...

;)

Did I miss something about this joke...I think neuro has eaten part of my brain...or that's what I'm claiming on not getting this one.

Turns out I passed Anatomy.

Now for Pharm, Gen Med (Neuro & ID), Documentation & Interviewing, Psychosocial Aspects, Research & Stats, EKG, and whatever I'm forgetting.

oh and congrats! :hardy:

One down...it's always a good feeling. Look at what's done, not at how much you have left. If you do that, you will be miserable for a long time.

A serious post from me finally:

I was under the impression that all pts who have had heart attack, TIA, or stroke were automatically admitted for overnight observation. I have heard this is not so. How can you feel confident enough that these pts are stable enough to send them home?

A new thread already? Things are moving quickly around here.

What's going on over here?

Did I miss something about this joke...

He was just commenting on my retyping the conclusion statement from my project... as in... he was thrombolysing someone inappropriately and going to fix it.:laugh:

Nothing degrades the hilarity of a statement like an intracranial bleed.:eek:

2 tubes last night one bloody and a shoulder reduction good times in the ED.

A serious post from me finally:

I was under the impression that all pts who have had heart attack, TIA, or stroke were automatically admitted for overnight observation. I have heard this is not so. How can you feel confident enough that these pts are stable enough to send them home?

Serious posts have no place in this thread.

Would one of the EM mods please infract this guy? :p

Semi-serious post: What's with all the trolls lately? I've quit reading half the active threads here and on the general forum because a few vocal nitwits have crawled out from under their bridges.

Serious posts have no place in this thread.

Would one of the EM mods please infract this guy? :p

As I've explained to iatros too many times...I'm a female! Still no sex change.

Semi-serious post: What's with all the trolls lately? I've quit reading half the active threads here and on the general forum because a few vocal nitwits have crawled out from under their bridges.

No kidding. I quit reading them months ago unless the initial line was interesting. Or of course if rearview mirror was the beginning of the title.

And the moon is only in waxing gibbous, at that. Strange. ;)

Found out that my quiz score may be different because some idiots complained so that they could get more questions right, which screws up the curve:mad: For once I actually faired quite well. They claimed that some in the class had an 'unfair advantage' because they opted to take the optional quiz posted online for everyone. Just because some of the questions were the same, and some idiots chose to not take the quiz, they chose the 'unfair advantage' line. What the hell! It's not an unfair advantage because they had the option of taking it. I think where the unfair advantage lies is that they are idiots! / rant over...maybe

So last night, after eating some sandwich wrap thingies, 4 oreos, and half a can of sugary soda, I got my blood sugar checked. After all that food and sugar, I landed a 79! I don't think I want to know what it was before I ate... And no, the machine wasn't broken. Others around me all got between the 120s and 140s.

So last night, after eating some sandwich wrap thingies, 4 oreos, and half a can of sugary soda, I got my blood sugar checked. After all that food and sugar, I landed a 79! I don't think I want to know what it was before I ate... And no, the machine wasn't broken. Others around me all got between the 120s and 140s.

You have efficient β-cells. :):thumbup:

Then again, I think they are asking about diabetes insipidus...

There's nothing wrong when a person likes their fluids...it just makes them have to go to the bathroom more often. Not to the extent of diabetes insipidus that I've heard about at least.

I have also noticed this. Full moon? Whack crack?

I love the night shifts in our ED, but I hate sleeping so late...

its weird its like its almost a shorter day when you work a nite shift.

U sleep, wake up, shower, eat, then go rite back in.

Working the day shift seems like there is more time to do other stuff, like watching tv or just hanging out....

ahh, dont listen to me, just taking a page from H24G and "speaking my mind"

i am glad that I am in sunny miami though...

I hear its pretty cold up north

one more shift tonite, then im spendin 3 days on the beach

by the way, there is some pretty cool research going on at UM

They have a great trauma center and their surgery dept is doing some great stuff on MVAs and the damage caused by certain cars in certain types of crashes ( head on, side, rollovers, or rear impacts)

I wonder how that works though...I mean i guess its a retrospective study where the subjects are reviewed after recovery, assuming they lived.

im gonna stop thinking out loud now

Status
Not open for further replies.