Reapplying to school had interview with before

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc.Junior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to reapply to a school I previously interviewed with/was waitlisted. Is this advisable?

What I'm wondering: will it be viewed unfavorably that I reapply? I'm thinking--hey, I made it to interviews, so presumably everything in my app was pretty solid up till that point? But I'm mindful that my way of thinking about this may be way different than the adcoms'. Can anyone venture to say how willing adcoms would be to give someone another shot at interviews--or things to help improve chances they would? (Of course, score better on MCAT... but aside from that...)

Background info: I can see 2 reasons for my non-offer: It was during covid, and my Zoom location/setup was a little messed up, so I wasn't on my A-game during interviews. As I see it, (1) I could have not made the cut because of the interview quality, or (2) maybe because I just didn't have as good stats as someone else and they had to cut some folks. I retook MCAT and hopefully will have done better--waiting on my score any day now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Might as well. Some schools reinterview, others don’t. It’s hard to know so might as well just apply

I'd like to reapply to a school I previously interviewed with/was waitlisted. Is this advisable?

What I'm wondering: will it be viewed unfavorably that I reapply? I'm thinking--hey, I made it to interviews, so presumably everything in my app was pretty solid up till that point? But I'm mindful that my way of thinking about this may be way different than the adcoms'. Can anyone venture to say how willing adcoms would be to give someone another shot at interviews--or things to help improve chances they would? (Of course, score better on MCAT... but aside from that...)

Background info: I can see 2 reasons for my non-offer: It was during covid, and my Zoom location/setup was a little messed up, so I wasn't on my A-game during interviews. As I see it, (1) I could have not made the cut because of the interview quality, or (2) maybe because I just didn't have as good stats as someone else and they had to cut some folks. I retook MCAT and hopefully will have done better--waiting on my score any day now.
Work on interview skills.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reinterviewed at several t20s and know of others who have been.

Reactions: 1 user