Reapplying and Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arikaykay777

Reaction score
I will be reapplying to dental school during the 2022 cycle.
Unfortunately, due to personal issues, my GPA has dropped and I have received some less than satisfactory grades in Microbiology and a few other classes. I plan to retake but I am still so worried.
My stats:
GPA: 3.2 (3.6 last cycle)
DAT AA: 23
Shadowing: 200-250 hrs
Volunteering: 600+ hrs
I have also worked for a dental office as an assistant for 6 months now and plan to continue working through next cycle.
Do you guys think my drop in GPA is a major red flag that will prevent me from being accepted ?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be reapplying to dental school during the 2022 cycle.
Unfortunately, due to personal issues, my GPA has dropped and I have received some less than satisfactory grades in Microbiology and a few other classes. I plan to retake but I am still so worried.
My stats:
GPA: 3.2 (3.6 last cycle)
DAT AA: 23
Shadowing: 200-250 hrs
Volunteering: 600+ hrs
I have also worked for a dental office as an assistant for 6 months now and plan to continue working through next cycle.
Do you guys think my drop in GPA is a major red flag that will prevent me from being accepted ?
I'm really curious as to why you didn't get in with a 23 DAT, that's a great score BTW. Did you at least get interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
I would consider applying for a withdrawal with cause from the classes that made your GPA drop. You can explain this in your application. It will still show as a W but you can explain the reason for the W and it will no longer impact your GPA.