Reapplication Process - Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I<3tb12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I applied this past cycle with a top-heavy school list and did not get accepted after 1 interview/waitlist. I am planning on reapplying the upcoming cycle (2022/2023) to a broader school list and improved my application by working as a Research Associate for the past year. I had a few questions on changing my essays for my reapplication:

1) I am definitely rewriting my personal statement, is there any particular advice for MD/PhD reapplicants? I've heard to address that I am a reapplicant, but this seems odd especially considering I'm applying to schools I didn't previously.

2) I was quite fond of my Why MD/PhD essay and I would like to keep most of it aside from touch ups and general improvements. Is it frowned upon to use the same bulk of the essay?

3) Same question as (2) but for secondaries. I'm going to rewrite most secondaries but if there are ones I was happy with could I use them again for the same school?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user