Reapplicant__What are my chances?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lankyfrank

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied last cycle with a 30 MCAT (12 BS, 9/9) ~3.65 GPA ~3.5 Sci (Approximate, this is off the top of my head) Resume: 2 Hospital Volunteering Positions, 2 Shadowing Positions, Community Service, Peer Mentor, Vice Pres of Fraternity as well as another position in the frat, many years of Martial Arts, thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I received secondaries back from every school I applied to, but the earliest secondary I sent was in November...I applied very very late. I got an interview to my state school around April and was put in the top 50% of the waitlist...but they oversubscribed the class so nobody off the waitlist got in.

I now have ongoing Research experience at NIH. I reappliedg again this cycle and I recently retook my MCAT but am guessing that I got 29-30...I was expecting a 34 atleast as my practice aamc tests were 35-36 but I had an anxiety attack during the test which reallyy messed me up. I have signed up for another MCAT in August should my score be 29 or 30. I have already started submitting my secondary applications.

So...what are my chances in your opinion??

Also...I just got accepted to the Georgetown SMP, what are your opinions on whether or not I should do this program?

Members don't see this ad.

it's too late to change it now but I honestly don't think you needed to retake the mcat in the first place.. an earlier submission probably would've done it.

no point dwelling on it now though because you've already taken it, I think depending on your past academic record the SMP might not be a bad idea, but if you think you're lacking in ECs than stick with your current job.