[Reapplicant] ~3.73 sGPA, 520 MCAT (unbalanced)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joohanjk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your app looks good and I don't think the unbalanced MCAT will be a huge problem. If you want more mid-tiers you could add Rochester and Case Western. You definitely have the stats for the top-tiers but I would add them in addition to your current schools, not instead of. Your best chance is to apply to top-tiers where you are a first time applicant.

I'm jealous, I've always wanted to play the piano :)

I think your app looks good and I don't think the unbalanced MCAT will be a huge problem. If you want more mid-tiers you could add Rochester and Case Western. You definitely have the stats for the top-tiers but I would add them in addition to your current schools, not instead of. Your best chance is to apply to top-tiers where you are a first time applicant.

I'm jealous, I've always wanted to play the piano :)

Thanks for the feedback!

What is the disadvantage to being a reapplicant to a school, assuming a significantly improved application?

And you know it's never to late to get involved with music :)

I guess since there have been 2 cycles between your apps and you added some significant changes you might not be at a disadvantage. However, even with 2-3 new actives/publications/interests/etc. the majority of your application will be repeated, so it just helps if a school is seeing you for the first time. At least that is what I have been told. The question is, "your app has changed, but how much have you really changed?" But if you can prove that you have, I think there is also a lot to be said about the dedication that improving and re-applying requires.