This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4realok

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so i'm a freshman and this is my first semester and I'm pretty sure I am going to fail Calc. The final was SO bad. And on top of that I may potentially end up with 2 C's. Are my chances of DO school significantly altered or ruined? Is Calculus even a requirement for DO school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi so i'm a freshman and this is my first semester and I'm pretty sure I am going to fail Calc. The final was SO bad. And on top of that I may potentially end up with 2 C's. Are my chances of DO school significantly altered or ruined? Is Calculus even a requirement for DO school?
Calculus is not a requirement.

It is too early to tell if anything is altered or ruined. The best thing is to learn from your mistakes now and do better next semester and going forward.

Use your schools resources, tutoring hours, office hours, and you will do fine. Best thing is not to stress yourself out as it will only negatively impact your future coursework.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, as a freshman, you're allowed a couple mistakes. But its gotta stop here. No more failing, and try not to earn anymore C's.

In some ways, I wish calculus was required for medical school. Algebra-based physics just isn't the same as its calculus-based counterpart.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, as a freshman, you're allowed a couple mistakes. But its gotta stop here. No more failing, and try not to earn anymore C's.

In some ways, I wish calculus was required for medical school. Algebra-based physics just isn't the same as its calculus-based counterpart.
I took Calculus-based Physics. At my University Calculus-based Physics is actually required for Bio majors and Pre-med. I wish I have taken the algebra-based physics.

I took Calculus-based Physics. At my University Calculus-based Physics is actually required for Bio majors and Pre-med. I wish I have taken the algebra-based physics.

That's good they require calculus. I personally dislike that physicians don't even need calculus.

If it were not for the incredible people I studied with in my physics class, I'd agree with just having algebra-based physics and calling it a day. Many of them are in medical school now, and I learned a lot from them.

Only now do I realize how tough my competition was for that class. One of them went to Harvard med., another somewhere like Emory med., other MD schools, etc., etc.

Reactions: 1 user