Realistic Expectations with Few Pre-December Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glycosaminoglycan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Trigger Warning: I do not know you so this isn't a personal attack

You seem like a very arrogant person if you applied to literally every single highest ranked school you could have with only a 508 MCAT. Seriously Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, UPenn, WashU, Mayo etc.. with a 508. What did your research involved, did you make any massive discoveries or win any major rewards? Something is majorly missing from your app if you applied to almost only the very top US MD schools.

I have a feeling this is a troll...

Trigger Warning: I do not know you so this isn't a personal attack

You seem like a very arrogant person if you applied to literally every single highest ranked school you could have with only a 508 MCAT. Seriously Harvard, Hopkins, Yale, UPenn, WashU, Mayo etc.. with a 508. What did your research involved, did you make any massive discoveries or win any major rewards? Something is majorly missing from your app if you applied to almost only the very top US MD schools.

I have a feeling this is a troll...

It's a little harsh to call him arrogant, don't you think? He said he overestimated his chances, and that he's concerned he won't get in. Not everyone has a reliable pre-med advisor, or friends that have already gone through the cycle. It's super common to overestimate your competitiveness. I would have probably done the same if I didn't have a massive inferiority complex from researching average matriculants to top schools. He just didn't do that -- he's not ARROGANT.

@OP, if you have two interviews, you have nothing to worry about. You'll annoy a lot of the people here by having concerns despite two interviews.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I concur that the list is very top-heavy and may be problematic in this application round. Some of the public schools on that list are also not that OOS friendly. However, you did receive two interviews, which is good news. Perhaps, @Goro can provide an additional perspective?

Edit:judging from where you received interviews, your home state GA schools are your best bet.

Last edited:
The list was way too top heavy. I would have suggested the following, from OP's list:

Miami
Wake Forest
Mercer

OP got lucky with Emory. Still, two IIs is more than the majority get.

Reactions: 1 user