Reading interviewers and rating your performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketafol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so Ive been on quite a few interviews already, and I admit, I am near burnout. They are all starting to look the same except in regards to location.

I do have one problem however. Is there any particular way to read an interviewer to know what their impression of you, your application, and you interview is? This process is so nerve racking because I have no idea how my interview performance rates, unlike the rest of my application that can speak for itself.

I feel that I answer all of the questions appropriately, all the while being friendly, smiling, maintaining great eye contact. I will ocassionally get flustered on a question or two, but end up answering to the best of my abilities. I do SELL myself, but only when asked. Should I be going into these things more aggressively, selling myself throughout the whole interview without prompting.

I want to think that these interviews are to weed out the butt plugs, and everyone else is listed as normal or not normal. Do these interviews really mean much come rank time, provided you dont do anything stupid?

Chime in with all of your opinions. Thanks everyone for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I do the same and feel the same way... I guess we all do. so what makes difference in all about the same applicants? :confused:
Has anyone seen somebody acting wierd on interview?

Sometimes I get the "you seem very competitive" and other times I get "thanks, good luck." There is no difference in my interview performances but "thanks, good luck" always feels like "thanks, but no thanks" to me. No one has begged me to come there and I have no personal handwritten letters from PDs like some others claim. I'm starting to second guess every answer at every interview. I have a feeling that nightmares of not matching will be continuing for the next several months. There is no doubt that we are all being silly, but still, I'm pretty damn nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there! Please remember that the programs are limited in what they can say, so as not to violate the match terms...besides, this year is very competitive...and it may come down to the final rank meeting after the final interview to decide. Just put your best foot forward, and be honest. You have a better chance to match into a program that you are going to be happy with for the next 4 years!!

I do have one problem however. Is there any particular way to read an interviewer to know what their impression of you, your application, and you interview is?

C'yall Miss Cleo me child for your tarot card readin