Reading Comprehension word count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DownToFloss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering how words are there on average in the reading comprehension articles?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys I was wondering how words are there on average in the reading comprehension articles?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From my years of experience talking to students passages vary in length and difficulty. It is important that you can prepare and focus on speed and comprehension. Search and destroy does not always work for the reading...Some students get some really grueling passages that are more toned based and those you need to be really prepared for.

Good luck in your studies and on the DAT

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with Orgoman, It's really the luck of the draw, so the # of words doesnt matter. My friend had two passages that were 16 paragraphs and the third being 11 paragraphs long. What matters is the speed and your techniques. One thing, in my DAT I didnt even read the ENTIRE passage since the questions asked for what was written in the earlier segments of the passage. Thus knowing how long the passages are is not needed.