Reading Comp?

Sprint

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how everybody studied for the RC section. I heard a lot of people are not doing as well as they wanted and I want to make sure I am prepared come test day. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually did not study for the RC section (I did look at the example in the samle test) at all, and I got a 370. However, I feel that I could have done better if I had had more time. I was running out of time, so I was not able to be as thorough as I would have liked. One thing I thought was problematic for me was that probably more than 1/3 of my questions were ones in which they would provide two sentences. The would then ask if they were true or false (i.e. A is true, B is false, A is false, B is true, both are true, both are false). So, in essence, you are answering two questions. And, I am so anal, that I have a hard time beign quick about true/false questions anyway. So, in a nutshell, you should be fine, just maybe work on speed by practicing a couple samples. Good luck!

what was your plan of action when you were reading the passages ...do you remeber what were the question types like right from tha passage or implied...i really need help in this section.Please give me as much details as you can..370 is great....

Members don't see this ad :)
I would have to disagree with the above posting. I found that if you take an acitve interest in the passage you have to read then you will absorb the info and the questions come to you much easier. Plus if you paid attention to what you were reading then you will be able to find the area of the text that the question is asking about easier (if you need to go back). I found the passages really interesting for the most part :)
(ps I scored a 390)

You have one person that did X way and scored high, then you have someone else that did it Y way and scored high also....

Just from reading above, it sounds like you just need to practice and develop your own personal strategy that works best for you.