Re-applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmD8401

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I only applied to one school last year, and got waitlisted. I'm planning on re-applying to the same school this year, plus at least a few others. Does my PharmCAS personal statement need to be completely new? How about my supplemental essays? I am trying to secure at least some different letters of recommendation, but should they all be new if possible?

Thank you very much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend a new personal statement and essay. I'm sure you have done things to help improve your chances. Show how persistent and passionate you are about the pharmacy field. Last time you were waitlisted, perhaps with these improvements you can be accepted. If they have early decision, I would do it. I would also apply to multiple schools this time around.

Thank you very much for your reply! Do you think I can use parts of my old essays, or should I not even look at them and start completely from scratch? Yes, I am working on things to improve my chances so I will definitely include them as well. I am planning on applying to multiple schools too. I live in a state with only one school, so that's why I had only applied to one last year.

Any insight on letters of recommendation? Like I previously said, I am actively trying to get them from new sources---but is it all right to ask some of the same people if necessary? I'd rather have new ones, if only because I don't want to bother the same people again, but I currently only have one new person committed to writing one and a couple more (new) that haven't gotten back to me yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would try to start from scratch unless you feel that there aren't many improvements you would be able to make on your statement. See where scratch takes you. It may end up being better than you ever expected. That's what happened to me. I also reapplied this cycle and I have already been offered an interview on the 18th of September.

I asked some of the same people on my letters of recommendation.

Sounds good, thank you so very much for your replies! Best of luck on your upcoming interview!