This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S3022367324

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied once before without much preparation by getting caught up in the flow of traditional application time frame my Junior year. Now after graduation I have a cGPA 3.27 with gradual upward trend and 2015 MCAT score of 495 (C124/CA123/B124/PS124). Should I try re-applying for this upcoming cycle??

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied once before without much preparation by getting caught up in the flow of traditional application time frame my Junior year. Now after graduation I have a cGPA 3.27 with gradual upward trend and 2015 MCAT score of 495 (C124/CA123/B124/PS124). Should I try re-applying for this upcoming cycle??
Wait, I am not sure which school you're trying to get into. Paramedic school or phlebotomy school? With an MCAT of 495 and GPA of 3.27. You're not planning on retaking the MCAT instead you're trying to reapply again with those stats. Please not trying to mean but reconsider what you're doing. I'll advise that you retake the MCAT do very well before reapplying. Thanks and goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just looked it up...495 is like a 22 on old scale...yeah dude at least get it above 505 (28) or so to have a chance at DO school..And 510 (30) ish to have a chance at MD school. GPA is mediocre at best, I would advice you to take some post grad class to boost that up a little while you prepare for your MCAT.

No.

I am also applying to post bacc programs and plan to retake the MCAT. So I should still prepare one more year before applying?

I am also applying to post bacc programs and plan to retake the MCAT. So I should still prepare one more year before applying?

Yes.

It will be easier for the folks here to help you with your timeframe once you have posted an "apply worthy" MCAT score. It seems like figuring out why you did so poorly and figuring out what you need to do to fix it should be your focus right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user