Re-applicants to DPT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teresina2005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The goal of this thread is to share some encouragement. Please do not flaunt your stats or ask "Do I have a chance?" ...

For those who find themselves applying again (and possibly again... and Lord please, not again!) what continues to encourage you? How do you dash away discouraging thoughts or quiet your nay-sayers? Have you discovered a blessing in the extra year of preparation?

Best of luck to the re-applicants! Lord willing, it's our year!
Peace and God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in my second time applying to PT programs. I got rejected from almost every school I applied to, and was an alternate at one. And now that its almost a year later, I am more than happy to say it definitely was a blessing in disguise. Even though I did not get in first try, I never lost faith that this was what I wanted to do with my life. If you feel you are meant to be a PT, then it will happen. In retrospect, I am happy I did not get in right away. It allowed me time to spend with my family since I attended college away from home. Also, I have been working as a tech and feel 10 times more confident in myself now than during last years cycle. I also feel as if I am gaining more practical experience. For me personally, I do not think I would have been ready last year to start a DPT program, and it took me applying twice to see that. I know that is not the situation for everyone, but it just happened to work out like that for me.

I have already been accepted to one program and have another interview in a few weeks. This time last year, I had nothing. Never lose hope! I have been constantly reminding myself this is what I want and to just stay focused. Figure out how to strenghten your application, then follow through. I had to retake some classes (a few C's), got A's my second time and already I am in a better position this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The goal of this thread is to share some encouragement. Please do not flaunt your stats or ask "Do I have a chance?" ...

For those who find themselves applying again (and possibly again... and Lord please, not again!) what continues to encourage you? How do you dash away discouraging thoughts or quiet your nay-sayers? Have you discovered a blessing in the extra year of preparation?

Best of luck to the re-applicants! Lord willing, it's our year!
Peace and God bless

I cling to the memory of a few patients and their recovery, especially when I've played a big roll in their treatment. Those patients made me realize that I really can do this!
I also hold out hope because after making efforts to improve my application, I was waitlisted (last year). Lord willing, and I pray that He is willing, this year I will see "Congratulations (insert my name here)!"
Lastly, I know that the Lord redirected me and placed this call on my life. He graciously gave me the passion for the profession, equipped me with the knowledge to be able to handle the material, and has continually allowed me to draw closer to Him and increase my wisdom all the while. I feel blessed knowing that I was made for this but I'm still patiently waiting to learn the time and the place I will attend. (Side note: If anyone wants to send up a prayer for me I'd appreciate it and will be praying for you as well).
Peace and God bless

this was my second year applying. last year i didn't have all the pre req required but still interviewed at a couple places but ended up getting wait listed. this year i had everything done. procrastinated and didn't finish the apps till the deadline. but i was called to interview and only a week later was accepted into texas tech university hsc. keep spirits high and if you don't make it in this year i highly suggest you do everything you can to show them you are serious about getting in. i retook my GRE raising the score from 146,148(verbal,quant) to 148,158 respectively. finished all pre req required which in my case was only one class. and i even retook anatomy and physiology even though my grade only went from a B to an A. i remember they said "wow i don't think most students would have even bothered."

remember you will either make the effort or make excuses.

Reactions: 1 user