Re-applicant Buddies - May!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ma-bas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up people? Just thought I would start the thread to offer some encouragement. I know this is the month some of you are waiting for, hoping that May 15th will be magical. Here's hoping that it is...

:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Can't believe it's already May. Good luck to all those waiting. Tiss the season for WL movement...may the acceptances start rolling in :)

Bunsen Honeydew said:
Can't believe it's already May. Good luck to all those waiting. Tiss the season for WL movement...may the acceptances start rolling in :)

may they start rolling indeed :cool: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay all,

I have been officially embarrassed!! For some reason, I was thinking it was still April!!! I've been so busy at work and..... +pity+ +pity+ anyway..

It's no excuse...you guys have been a great support. Yes, it is May, and the 15th is fast approaching. Even so, I'm not going to get my hopes up about hearing anything until June. But hearing something this month would be great. I do know that the schools I've applied to have started looking at their waitlist canditates already, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Good luck to everyone out there and thanks ma-bas and BH for keeping us together :thumbup: :love: :love:

Peace,
mrsmac

Hey all,

Haven't been around SDN much lately...far too much wedding planning to do :love: Anyways, I just wanted to chime in with my support to all of those holding positions on waitlists or waiting to hear word from schools post-interview. Everyone participating in this thread deserves a spot at the medical school of their choice--it is completely obvious to me that you all have the intelligence, work ethic, and most importantly humanity to make fantastic physicians.

I'm not a man of faith, so I can't offer you my prayers, but please know that my heart and thoughts will be with all of the Reapplicants this month.

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to wish gluck to all of you waiting for May 15th and acceptances. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I hope you all hear good news soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys. :)

Good luck to all those waiting for those magical thick envelopes or magical calls. I hope the summer brings many a good thing. I just celebrated my 25th birthday, with a happy b'day/going away party with friends. To celebrate my M0 summer I am heading off to Cancun with my g/f so that I shall arrive at orientation relaxed and bronzed. Hope everyone has a good may hope to hear from you all soon.

May 15th...tick....tock... :scared:

mrsmac

Woa... Our beloved thread was on the second page! :eek: BUMPing!

How is everyone doing? :D

So any waitlist movement? Still waiting for UCI. This week is supposed to be the first wave of waitlist acceptances. Here's hopin'!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow,

Once again, I've dropped the ball! I'm still waiting on the waitlist movement from my two schools. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep busy and preoccupied. This is the time for us waitlisters!!!

peace,
mrsmac

Hello fellow re-apps. I got my call yesterday and got off the wait list at Jefferson. I never though this day would come. I'm almost speechless.

Anyways, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and remind you all that there is always hope if you believe.

Keep positive and good luck!!!

sstache1 said:
Hello fellow re-apps. I got my call yesterday and got off the wait list at Jefferson. I never though this day would come. I'm almost speechless.

Anyways, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and remind you all that there is always hope if you believe.

Congrats. I'm calling Wake tomorrow. My last chance before I reapply.

sstache1 said:

CONGRATS!!! :D :thumbup: You made it!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

nockamura said:
Congrats. I'm calling Wake tomorrow. My last chance before I reapply.

Just wanted to wish you good luck. I hope you get good news soon. :luck:

Reapplication Buddies,

It is my pleasure to inform you that I have been offered a seat in the 2009 class at Meharry Medical College!!!!

I got the call on Friday ,on my cell, while I was shopping for groceries!!!! To my credit, I finished shopping and contained my enthusiasm until I got in the car. Needless to say, my husband and kids are very excited for me.

Thank you all for all your support and encouragement during this time. You guys have been great! When I interviewed there, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if I'd fit in, but I guess I do! I was impressed at how much they care about the students. So, I consider myself very blessed to be going there (I'm pulling my application from my other school).

So, I've got to get ready to move, and soon! So, I will not start a June thread :( :( , because I'll be in the process of moving. (If anyone else wants to that's fine with me). I will continue to peek around and see how you guys are doing!!! Man, I could not have gotten through this without my buddies! I didn't know that when I started this thread I'd meet so many people like me..people who have a dream and never let go. So, here's to seeing you around the MS1 threads!!! Continued good luck to all those still waiting...never give up!!

Peace,
mrsmac

mrsmac said:
Reapplication Buddies,

It is my pleasure to inform you that I have been offered a seat in the 2009 class at Meharry Medical College!!!!

I got the call on Friday ,on my cell, while I was shopping for groceries!!!! To my credit, I finished shopping and contained my enthusiasm until I got in the car. Needless to say, my husband and kids are very excited for me.

Thank you all for all your support and encouragement during this time. You guys have been great! When I interviewed there, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know if I'd fit in, but I guess I do! I was impressed at how much they care about the students. So, I consider myself very blessed to be going there (I'm pulling my application from my other school).

So, I've got to get ready to move, and soon! So, I will not start a June thread :( :( , because I'll be in the process of moving. (If anyone else wants to that's fine with me). I will continue to peek around and see how you guys are doing!!! Man, I could not have gotten through this without my buddies! I didn't know that when I started this thread I'd meet so many people like me..people who have a dream and never let go. So, here's to seeing you around the MS1 threads!!! Continued good luck to all those still waiting...never give up!!

Peace,
mrsmac

OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm so happy for you! :) I know you have been waiting for this call for a long time now! I wish you the best in the future. Thanks for starting this thread a year ago. It was a great support system through this horrible process... :luck:

Congrats mrsmac! I am so happy for you. I peeked in this morning primarily hoping to see if you had any good news. I feel like as the founder of the buddies you deserve it the most!

Thanks for starting this thread. It has been a great source of support for me.

Good luck with your move and starting school!

hey guys havent really been posting. but i have no acceptances and 8..yes 8 waitlists..here's hoping for one.. :luck:

wow 8??? I sincerely hope that you get into at least one of them...

Mrsmac: You rock!! I am so happy to see your posting from yesterday. I had been checking this thread over the last week to see about you and others, and I'm so happy for you!! I know you don't agree, but your patience was quite remarkable -- hello, you kept grocery shopping!

Not surprising, yet amazing and deserved. If you haven't already, get a babysitter and go celebrate with your husband!!! :love:

Thanks guys for all the encouragement and congrats. I've been up to my neck trying to move and quit my job. Tomorrow is my last day working. :thumbup: Anyway, good luck to everyone, and I'll officially post my last message next week. I"ve got to think of something good to say :)

mrsmac

Congats mrsmac and sstache1!!!! I got on today with the sole intent of seeing if mrsmac had gotten in. I'm so glad I checked today and not last Monday! My mom asks about this group often and whether anyone else has been accepted; I'm so excited to tell her the news.

For you and everyone else who has gotten in, doesn't it feel great? Who knew a year ago when mrsmac started this group that it sould end up this way?

All of the writing, waiting, agonizing, waiting, interviewing, more waiting... and now here we are, M0s. I am so pproud of you guys and am glad that we were able to go through this together. The road was so much easier with you there.

For everyone ths year and in the future who has yet to get in, I hope you don't lose hope. There are many people who have shown us that one rejection (or two, or three, or...) doesn't mean it will never happen. The fact that it is June doesn't mean it won't happen. I hope the reapplication buddies tradition lives on for more people to come to this realization.

congrats to those who got in..its really frustrating..i know i have a shot to get in..but that's all i feel i have. because for the most part i have no idea where im on these lists...but out of 8 all i need is just one..come on god..give me one will ya

jiggaman said:
congrats to those who got in..its really frustrating..i know i have a shot to get in..but that's all i feel i have. because for the most part i have no idea where im on these lists...but out of 8 all i need is just one..come on god..give me one will ya

I'm confident you'll get in somewhere... Don't lose hope and faith in yourself. It's not over yet!! Best of luck :luck: :luck:

My dearest Buddies,

Man, It's been almost a year since I started this wonderful and encouraging thread. Over that time, you all have consistently been there to encourage me, vent with me, and vent for yourselves :laugh:. When I started this "club", I thought that at most I'd have one or two people who would be interested, my last count was in the 20's.

What does it feel like to be accepted after reapplying?-glorious, scary, and damn satisfying! It is my hope that all of us keep the humility, hard working ethic, determination, and sense of humanity about us-I think those qualities will serve us well in this vocation. We have laughed, cried, and waited and it was fun! I learned that all premeds aren't arrogant sons of bi#ches who are concerned with just the numbers and outdoing everyone else. It's good to know that I am in the company of people who will look at medicine with a sense of honor and something we earned-not something that came easily. It will no doubt be the most exhausting, and challenging thing we've ever done-but we can and will succeed. So with that, I'll see my my buddies on the other side. Keep posting, and stay in touch. Oh, and go kick some med school ass and represent reapplicants well! ;)

Peace and thanks,

mrsmac