RCSI students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enzyme

Enzyme
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people!

I'm a student at the RCSI Medical University Bahrain (MUB).
Would love to connect with RCSI students in Ireland. Anyone out there interested??

:)
Enzyme

Members don't see this ad.

hi Southpawz,

Thanks for that, looks like an interesting site. Is it run by RCSI students?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! hows the bahrain course? lecturers good? weather good?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
hey! hows the bahrain course? lecturers good? weather good?

Hi there,

It's great here in Bahrain. The course is going well, we've just finished our semester one exams. The lectures are brilliant, most of the teaching staff are from Dublin. As for the weather its ALWAYS good.

Only drawback is that socially the uni is abit dull. None of the proposed student socities are up and running yet, and the students are only interested in studying and going home!!!

:laugh:

Is it very hot and humid in bahrain? wats the living cost like?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Is it very hot and humid in bahrain? wats the living cost like?

Hi Again!

The weather is only hot and humid during the summer months. Otherwise its very nice. Now its so cool, like a warm summer in London.

Living costs are quite low compared to Europe (don't know about the US I've never been there).

Sorry I'm new to the forum, so don't know who anyone is. Where are you from?

enzyme said:
hi Southpawz,

Thanks for that, looks like an interesting site. Is it run by RCSI students?
Yep, although there are also people in other schools helping out, it's mostly RCSI right now.

Do u know if they accept transfers? I may be offered monash m'sia so i wanna explore the possibility of a transfer after yr 1...

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Do u know if they accept transfers? I may be offered monash m'sia so i wanna explore the possibility of a transfer after yr 1...

It isn't possible to transfer from another med school into RCSI (and most other med schools, for that matter) because the curriculum in different schools vary. Most schools have a fixed number of places for each intake, so they can't simply accept transfers, and the entry requirements differ from school to school. So if they accept someone who transfers from another school, it would be like back door entry! If I'm not wrong, though, med students from Oxford or Cambridge are allowed to transfer to other UK med school after the first three years (or something like that). I'm not too sure. does anyone know of any school that accepts transfers?

Btw, why don't you apply direct to RCSI or the other Irish unis? The dateline is over but they accept late applications up till 1st May.

oopS! I have digressed fromthe main topic. Will shut up from now :x