RCSI - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland Fall 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nitti said:
I'll also be seeing everyone over in Dublin soon. I'll be a second med, but still very involved with the first meds (hi hannah :D !). Keep on posting the questions about whatever and we'll try and answer them.... (like what you might need with you, what you won't, etc.)

Hi!

Just wondering if you (or any other upper year) could sorta compile a "checklist" of essentials that we should bring over...
I'm sure most of us are in the "packing stage" right now, deciding what and what not to bring etc...
That would be very helpful!!! :thumbup:

see you in oct!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, with a 3.0 GPA, would I be able to get into RCSI??I do have quite a bit experience in research, along with clinical experience..let me know what you think.

HussainGQ said:
Hey, with a 3.0 GPA, would I be able to get into RCSI??I do have quite a bit experience in research, along with clinical experience..let me know what you think.

Maybe. Realistically, it's hard to tell.... doesn't matter which med school you apply to, you'll always have people with high gpa's rejected, and peeps with lower gpa's admitted, and vice versa.

You need to write a good personal statement, then get invited for an interview then tool the interview. On the personal statement and the interview, make sure you highlight why you are different from everyone else and why you are seriously considering ireland to study. worked for me....

Members don't see this ad :)
Choda said:
Hi!

Just wondering if you (or any other upper year) could sorta compile a "checklist" of essentials that we should bring over...
I'm sure most of us are in the "packing stage" right now, deciding what and what not to bring etc...
That would be very helpful!!! :thumbup:

see you in oct!

i'm talking to some of my classmates, and i'll post up a list here soon :luck:

Hey - I was wondering why you guys decided to study medicine in Ireland. I'm a senior undergrad and am considering schools outside of the US, esp UK.

thanks,
daisy

there's whole threads devoted to that topic. Do a search in this forum or for the whole international forums.

In brief, my reasons: quality of life as a student, being able to continue a particular hobby at a high level, did a JYA year hear as an undergrad and loved it, didn't think I'd be happy at a US med school, cost (although it still hurts). I definitely made the right decision for me.

Hi, sorry I'm not a med student at rcsi, I'm a pharmacy student and I'm starting this yr. (I'm Irish) I just noticed that some of you said you know ppl with access to the intranet? I'd love any info anybody has on pharmacy really cause admissions haven't told me anything..... ;) thanks