RCSI Mub

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookie2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if you have to sit PLAB if you want to work in the EU after going to RCSI Mub?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Also are there any RCSI Mub graduates who have gained internships?

No one replied to this? ... This isn't helpful! Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I found out that PLAB is needed (RCSI - MUB isn't recognised as an EU qualification). I heard graduates have applied for internships in the US

Hey what's PLAB exactly? So RCSI MUB graduates can only do residency in US or Canada?

PLAB is an exam that IMGs need to take to work in the UK. They can do residency anywhere but its harder to practice in Ireland or UK. I heard graduates have applied for internships in the US

Hi, I'm a student at RCSI-MUB.
PLAB is a test you'd need to give if you're a non-UK citizen and you've graduated from a med school outside the UK or if you are a UK national who has graduated from a medical school outside the UK, and planning to undertake your further studies in the UK.
RCSI-MUB is not a university in EU, it's in Bahrain but it is qualified worldwide, including EU. It's also accredited by the IMC.
You can apply for residency anywhere. Some graduates from RCSI-MUB have indeed done their residencies in the UK, it all depends on your grades.
Of course it's harder to practice in the UK if you're not a UK citizen, they give more preference to their own citizens, but that's the same with most countries.

Hi, I'm a student at RCSI-MUB.
PLAB is a test you'd need to give if you're a non-UK citizen and you've graduated from a med school outside the UK or if you are a UK national who has graduated from a medical school outside the UK, and planning to undertake your further studies in the UK.
RCSI-MUB is not a university in EU, it's in Bahrain but it is qualified worldwide, including EU. It's also accredited by the IMC.
You can apply for residency anywhere. Some graduates from RCSI-MUB have indeed done their residencies in the UK, it all depends on your grades.
Of course it's harder to practice in the UK if you're not a UK citizen, they give more preference to their own citizens, but that's the same with most countries.

hi zombieland

Why year are you in? Are you close to graduating yet?