Rcsi Gep Shortlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzpot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow RCSI GEP applicants. Im a UK citizen and have applied for GEP. Has any1 had an interview for it yet? I am quite sure that i will not be called up! but i was just wondering if many ppl have had interviews for this program at RCSI.

Members don't see this ad.

fuzpot said:
Hi fellow RCSI GEP applicants. Im a UK citizen and have applied for GEP. Has any1 had an interview for it yet? I am quite sure that i will not be called up! but i was just wondering if many ppl have had interviews for this program at RCSI.

:eek: Do you have any idea how much the RCSI GEP costs? If you're British why not just go for a British GEP and save yourself a lot of money?

Dr Strangelovei tried the UK GEP- messed up my GAMSAT test. GEP in the UK/Ireland are toooo competitive- just like any other medicine course. Im not very confident that ill get an interview at RCSI. But yes, it is very expensive ( ridiculously expensive!). I think £25,000 p/a= £100,000 for 4 years. And living is expensive.

If i were to get an offer ( looks v.unlikely) i would need to become a business tycoon within the next few weeks- any1 got any ideas? maybe an airline?

Members don't see this ad :)
fuzpot said:
Dr Strangelovei tried the UK GEP- messed up my GAMSAT test. GEP in the UK/Ireland are toooo competitive- just like any other medicine course. Im not very confident that ill get an interview at RCSI. But yes, it is very expensive ( ridiculously expensive!). I think £25,000 p/a= £100,000 for 4 years. And living is expensive.

If i were to get an offer ( looks v.unlikely) i would need to become a business tycoon within the next few weeks- any1 got any ideas? maybe an airline?

Not all UK GEP insist on the GAMSAT; at least when I was applying two years ago Oxford and Liverpool didn't. Oxford had their own entrance exam that was one of the easiest tests I've ever done in my life. It's a pity the interviews afterwards were so hard. So check them all out.

I agree, not all ask for GAMSAT.i failed to get a place, and i applied to RCSI GEP- even though it is just as tough as most of the UK schools to gain admission.

But is there any1 out there that has had their GEP RCSI interview yet?

any current rcsi students from the six yr prog?
does the college has a standard booklist that the students use?
or can you give me a brief on how the college operates and life is in college?

fuzpot said:
Hi fuzpot- im brand new to this!!
Im waiting on the RCSI GEP too. Im Irish n Ive heard (though not entirely sure how true this is) that the non-EU students get told if they made the shortlist before Eu students and the last ones to hear are Irish students. Anyway I cracked today and rang them- they said we should hear by the 10th May. Best of luck!

hi ash

yeah i emailed them, and they said before 12th may.so yeah, id say within the next 5 days or so.

Im not very confident! Also, its too expensive. And ive heard that the AIB loan is just for irish citizens? true?

I dunno about the AIB loan thing at all.....you should give them a call or email them. I did and they were really really good about it (well there trying to get you up to your arse in debt of course they were!) and its no problem getting the money.
Should hear in the next few days best of luck!!
Il let you know how I get on!

ash- have u heard any thing from RCSI?i havent.

hey fuzspot i got a letter from rcsi today in the mail..

its dated may 8th , but i chose the fedex option so maybe it depends where you live and stuff like that too

I am yet to get a letter, 'fedex option'- are you sure you are not talking about Cork?.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify that mine isn't the GEP programme, it's the 6-year one. Sorry if I freaked you out!

Hey fuzpot dont panic! I havent heard anything yet. I rang them today and they said they had more applications then expected and that it wont be out untill next week! So Id say it wont be sent out untill Monday and then give the mailman time to get there! Fingers crossed! Best of luck! Try not to spend the weekend stressing!!!

fuzpot said:
ash- have u heard any thing from RCSI?i havent.
Hi Fuzpot
I heard from RCSI today Ive got an interview at the end of june!! Did you hear???