~~~~~RC--really need everyone's help please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malif

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I was wondering if I could please please get some input regarding your reading comprehension topics or other people's topics you have heard about?? i am taking my DAT in two weeks for the 3rd time and I can't manage to get anything higher than a 14 since english is my third language. I appreciate anything and everything from you guys. Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

practice practicE! I'm not really confident with reading too but I've just been practicing every other day. I'm using crack dat reading 10 test version and will do Bootcamp RC. Choose a particular strategy and stick with it until you feel comfortable. I'm comfortable with mapping until half the passage then jumping into the question. Then if I can't find the answers, I read/map the other half. CDR scores are 17-18-17 so far...hoping for a 20 after some practice.

50204824.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I just took my DAT today for the second time. I actually did worse this time then last time but that's because I ignored the clock and almost ran out of time and guessed the last 10 questions. But, for me best way to attack these problems was to look for the key words from the question. Trust me, they will appear in the passage and one of the answer choices will be word for word for what is in the passage.

Use the provided scratch paper to number 1-13, which refers to each paragraph in the passage (you can always add more if it's longer). Write down 1-2 keywords for each paragraph. If the passage was about a bird and its mechanism of digestion and paragraph 5 discussed diet, I would literally just write down "diet". That way, when a question asks about a food source or something you look at your paper and know immediately to go to paragraph 5. This method also helps you retain what you read. This is the mapping method more or less.

Reactions: 1 user