"Ranked to Match" feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
same here: (PD emails) from scripps green, uci.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What if u don't get such emails from any of the programs interviewed u?

is it bad?

does it mean that u r not ranked by them ?

is it bad?

Yep, it's pretty much a lost cause if you haven't received anything by now. You'd better send emails to the PD asking them where you'll be ranked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, it's pretty much a lost cause if you haven't received anything by now. You'd better send emails to the PD asking them where you'll be ranked.

Dude.

Not cool.

For curiosity's sake - Those of you who are receiving feedback from programs regarding ranking, was it in response to a thank you letter or letter of interest sent to the program, or was it entirely out of the blue?

is it bad?

it's probably the same group of people who are getting these emails or phone calls. top 5-10% of applicants. i wouldn't worry too much about it. they can only match at one program, which will hopefully open up some spots for more average applicants like myself :p

I knew I should not have read this thead lol.

Has anyone received anything from Rush? I'm bummed about not getting anything from UCI or OHSU.

I knew I should not have read this thead lol.

Has anyone received anything from Rush? I'm bummed about not getting anything from UCI or OHSU.

OHSU sent out a "newsletter" which I had assumed went out to everyone? From what it sounds like, the PD has also been responding to most people's "thank you" with a phrase about maintaining the "strongest interest" in you

OHSU sent out a "newsletter" which I had assumed went out to everyone? From what it sounds like, the PD has also been responding to most people's "thank you" with a phrase about maintaining the "strongest interest" in you

not "most" people. i received just plain maintaining "interest". i guess i didn't make the cut. :(

For curiosity's sake - Those of you who are receiving feedback from programs regarding ranking, was it in response to a thank you letter or letter of interest sent to the program, or was it entirely out of the blue?

out of the blue.

My number 3 program recently sent me a "We have ranked you very highly/ranked to match email". Is it better to not respond or to respond that I am ranking them highly but not tell them they are not my number one? I am afraid by saying I am ranking you highly, they will rightly interpret that they are not my number one. If I don't respond I might sound like I am not interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a tough one. I responded graciously and then didn't mention where I was ranking them.

What did Scripps Green say? I really liked the place but never heard back from the PD

After careful review it is evident that you are amongst the very best, someone we would be most pleased to recruit to our program. We hope that you will seriously consider Scripps Clinic as the place to train and serve.

Anyone else get a generic eras message from Case this afternoon?

Also, has anyone else heard from the Colorado PD recently? I got something pretty generic last week but these post-interview correspondence e-mails are really hard to figure out sometimes.

Last edited:
To those who got an email from USC was 'ranked to match' mentioned?

Anyone heard anything from Tulane? Their website says that they will contact highly ranked applicants, and I was hoping to hear from them soon...

Yup. You really think you got a special message from a school... through ERAS?

Ha, agree my question seems a little silly…:idea: I probably should've re-phrased it this way: Did anyone who interviewed at Case NOT get an e-mail?

Anyone heard anything from Tulane? Their website says that they will contact highly ranked applicants, and I was hoping to hear from them soon...

Yes, I did. But I know someone else who didn't. No clue what that means… I have heard they've already "ranked" their applicants, but I wouldn't hesitate to e-mail the PD if you want.

Yes, I did. But I know someone else who didn't. No clue what that means… I have heard they've already "ranked" their applicants, but I wouldn't hesitate to e-mail the PD if you want.
If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear? Was it Wiese telling you that you were ranked highly?

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear? Was it Wiese telling you that you were ranked highly?

Thanks!

No problem-- Wiese e-mailed me approx 2 weeks ago and asked me if I was still interested, I replied yes. (I should note that I made it obvious during the interview and in my thank you note that Tulane was a place where I could see myself being happy, loved the residents, etc… So the email from him was "solicited") Then he said that they would love to have me in the program, etc... but never explicitly said "ranked to match" or anything about where they ranked me. I got the impression the spot was mine for the taking, though…

I heard from a resident that they met and put together their rank list approx one week ago, but I didn't ask and they(residents/Wiese) didn't tell me if they contacted everyone who was "ranked to match". Hope that helps?? :)

No problem-- Wiese e-mailed me approx 2 weeks ago and asked me if I was still interested, I replied yes. (I should note that I made it obvious during the interview and in my thank you note that Tulane was a place where I could see myself being happy, loved the residents, etc… So the email from him was "solicited") Then he said that they would love to have me in the program, etc... but never explicitly said "ranked to match" or anything about where they ranked me. I got the impression the spot was mine for the taking, though…

I heard from a resident that they met and put together their rank list approx one week ago, but I didn't ask and they(residents/Wiese) didn't tell me if they contacted everyone who was "ranked to match". Hope that helps?? :)
Thanks a bunch! I really liked Tulane a lot and I sent them some thank you cards after my interview in December, but I've not heard anything back from them. I thought I showed my interest well enough but I guess that wasn't enough... this process is so strange! Thank you again for sharing!

Still no word from JHU?

nada from hopkins either

Wouldn't worry too much about it. In the past, they haven't been the type to send the rank to match e-mails.

Plus there have been a lot of you're ranked to match e-mails that have burned people in the past few years and they didn't match to that program despite ranking them #1 (ahem MGH ahem Brigham).

So don't take too much stock in getting or not getting a ranked to match e-mail

I heard that Feb 15th was the deadline for the programs to submit their rank list so sending programs emails at this point is futile. Can anyone verify that?
Thanks

I heard that Feb 15th was the deadline for the programs to submit their rank list so sending programs emails at this point is futile. Can anyone verify that?
Thanks
That's not exactly true. Our lists are due the same time yours are, Feb 22. That being said, many programs will get their lists in now. We don't tend to wait until the deadline. But, we can always adjust them.

That's not exactly true. Our lists are due the same time yours are, Feb 22. That being said, many programs will get their lists in now. We don't tend to wait until the deadline. But, we can always adjust them.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the response. That makes me feel a bit better although I am sure that the programs I am interested in already finalized. Thanks

Wouldn't worry too much about it. In the past, they haven't been the type to send the rank to match e-mails.

Plus there have been a lot of you're ranked to match e-mails that have burned people in the past few years and they didn't match to that program despite ranking them #1 (ahem MGH ahem Brigham).

So don't take too much stock in getting or not getting a ranked to match e-mail

Not sure about the past, but I received a ranked-to-match email from JHU just this week.

How common is it for programs to tell applicants if they are ranked to match? Has anyone heard this from any programs yet?

(1) Do not change your rank list based on feedback from programs; rank them the way you want them. If you get your fifth choice and you love it, who cares if it was your fifth. Dont make the fifth your first just because they say they want you

(2) We have active recruitment in February. People we want we will persue. Emails and Phone calls from program directors and even residents mean alot. This should be more than the "thanks for interviewing" nonesense that is essentially obligatory (yet has absolutely no bearing on rank lists). If you are getting personalized letters, emails, or phone calls, it pretty much means "we have ranked you in a position where you are essentially, by the numbers, guarenteed to come here, please rank us"