Rank These DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
rank these, because my adviser came up with a list and idk if i can get in any of these schools

CALIFORNIA
- Mount St. Mary's College

COLORADO
- University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center

CONNECTICUT
- University of Connecticut

DELAWARE
- University of Delaware

FLORIDA
- University of Miami
- University of Florida
- University of St Augustine for Health Sciences
- Nova Southeastern University

NEW YORK
- New York Institute of Technology
- New York Medical College
- SUNY Stony Brook
- SUNY Downstate

NORTH CAROLINA
- Duke University
- UNC Chapel Hill

WEST VIRGINIA
- West Virginia University

Members don't see this ad.

Who gives a shi* about the school. Focus on the cost. If you cant get in then try a 100k private school =).

University of St Augustine for Health Sciences
-you can apply multiple semesters

Members don't see this ad :)
i need to know what i have to get into before i apply or worry about cost, i cant afford to apply to 15 different places..and i dont want to apply to 6 or 7 and then get rejected everywhere.

Apply to 5 DPT and 5 plan B programs =)

why not look at some schools in Boston (thats where I am right now). Uconn is a good school- but they have a better kines PhD program then they do DPT. Harvard, MGHI, BU, Simmons, Northeastern. All of these are top flight schools in Boston. Check them out.

i cant find anything about a harvard DPT program, and the north is something i was trying to avoid, i go to school in upstate new york and im completely done with the weather.

PreMed-

My completely biased opinion is to go to the cheapest school, as someone already said. CAPTE accrediation means they can give you the degree, and that's all you really need. **Disclaimer: I think the DPT is an unfortunate necessity because you pay more money for the degree but are not reimbursed more for your services**.

However, of the list you gave, you may get more bang for your buck, education-wise, at a PT school with a medical school attached. I have heard great things about the DPT programs at UNC and Duke. If you want better weather than Upstate NY, those two will fit the bill and are extraordinary schools. U of Miami is an obvious good weather choice, and if you can come out of your degree even remotely fluent in Spanish, you'll be the bee's knees (that's a good thing).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

dc

I agree. Go to the cheaper school if you get accepted. Study hard and pass licensure. You can go to a good PT school but need to pass licensure in order to practice, etc.