Rank-Order Traversal Depth to get filled info @ programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erica Lewinski

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any place/way (formal/informal) to get the "Rank-Order Traversal Depth to get filled info, about programs?" IOW: How far the PD of a program has to dip down the applicants' rank-order list, every year generally, to get his/her program filled? Please PM me. This might indicate the practical street ranking of a program, so that, some bottom-feeders can leverage the info to assist themselves, by making it easy for the matching algorithm to let their position ascend up in the matching iteration with minimal resistance and ultimately, making it easy for the matching-program to find a match for their own list. During the several matching-passes that the program undertakes, in a chaotic pool of ranking-lists from both sides of the isle, if it has to be an efficient NP-complete and stable computational system, that takes only finite resources to execute (geek-speak), its really doubtful if it will repetitively eject, a nicely placed round-peg in a round-hole (a tentative match) from a previous matching-iteration, just to create turbulence again, within the elements of the lists!

Members don't see this ad.

No, this information is not published. Programs and NRMP are the only ones with access to it and they do not give it out.

gobbledy-goobledy? Could there be a more complicated way to ask what you are asking? Actually, I don't believe there is a resource such as the one you're looking for; programs don't usually want that sort of info to be in the public domain.

Please stop posting about how pathetic you believe yourself to be. I have worked with psych residents who can barely speak English so I really can't believe that you are unable to find a residency spot. You are a med school graduate who passed your boards and therefore you are just as good as every single one of us who post on this site. Now you just need to believe this! Good luck this year.

Erica Lewinski said:
Is there any place/way (formal/informal) to get the "Rank-Order Traversal Depth to get filled info, about programs?" IOW: How far the PD of a program has to dip down the applicants' rank-order list, every year generally, to get his/her program filled? Please PM me. This might indicate the practical street ranking of a program, so that, some bottom-feeders can leverage the info to assist themselves, by making it easy for the matching algorithm to let their position ascend up in the matching iteration with minimal resistance and ultimately, making it easy for the matching-program to find a match for their own list. During the several matching-passes that the program undertakes, in a chaotic pool of ranking-lists from both sides of the isle, if it has to be an efficient NP-complete and stable computational system, that takes only finite resources to execute (geek-speak), its really doubtful if it will repetitively eject, a nicely placed round-peg in a round-hole (a tentative match) from a previous matching-iteration, just to create turbulence again, within the elements of the lists!

You don't really speak like this do you?

fourthyearmed-wrote>> Please stop posting about how pathetic you believe yourself to be. I have worked with psych residents who can barely speak English so I really can't believe that you are unable to find a residency spot. You are a med school graduate who passed your boards and therefore you are just as good as every single one of us who post on this site. Now you just need to believe this! Good luck this year.
May the Lord bless you for that motivating thought! Good to read that I'm average! Even though I personally couldn't apply for these past 5 years, I have seen the extreme difficulties of others who have applied, close to me. That's the main reason to panick! Another one is: most of you freshers here, have one solid advantage over me ... since, its more than 8 years for my med school graduation, most competitive places want to throw me out into the fireplace at the first sighting, as if I'm a deadwood. All these years of struggle, maturity, hard-work, caring for the sick does not mean much in their eyes. In fact, many suggested that, I should not even refer to the recent struggles in my pers. statement, or- it can be construed as "excuses".

I really have to believe that ineffective communication is part of the reason why you cannot get a residency spot in this country. It doesn't matter if you are a US citizen or not--if you don't have command of the English language, you're not going to be a desirable candidate. If this is truly the way you write, it would be evident just from reading your personal statement.

Yibbidy Dibbidy Doo Doo Yonk Yonk!!! :laugh:

Jaded Soul-wrote>>I really have to believe that ineffective communication is part of the reason why you cannot get a residency spot in this country. It doesn't matter if you are a US citizen or not--if you don't have command of the English language, you're not going to be a desirable candidate. If this is truly the way you write, it would be evident just from reading your personal statement..

Nope, I wrote that in a hurry (just a msg. board, right?). For the pers. statement, I take it easy and use a lot of precautions, not to mention a 400-bucks program, for the advance style-checking! :) If I wanted to, I could have used a much longer description, for the orig. post above (for the non-CS folks here). It would have helped the "pure med-brains" here, to grasp it at their pace. But, I guess, I risked it (writing in a hurry) and its going tangential for most of the readers now!

You write like Yoda speaks..."Confusing when I write I think so!"The force is strong with you :)

Oh my buddha....

Erica Lewinski said:
Nope, I wrote that in a hurry (just a msg. board, right?). For the pers. statement, I take it easy and use a lot of precautions, not to mention a 400-bucks program, for the advance style-checking! :) If I wanted to, I could have used a much longer description, for the orig. post above (for the non-CS folks here). It would have helped the "pure med-brains" here, to grasp it at their pace. But, I guess, I risked it (writing in a hurry) and its going tangential for most of the readers now!

All of us write in a hurry on message boards. Yet, the vast majority of the people here are able to communicate clearly.

Erica Lewinski said:
not to mention a 400-bucks program, for the advance style-checking!

I'd ask for a refund if I were you...