Random non-pre-allo and only peripherally related to pre-allo-isms thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Severus

FTSM!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The MCAT forum has a monster thread, so I figured we needed one too. (edit: I also need a place to post all my Snakes on a Plane crap in PA.)

Discuss and bitch away.

Members don't see this ad.

10.gif

Columbia.... why is your secondary so painful for me?

Members don't see this ad :)
come on people. where is everyone?

y'all must be hard at work or something :D

Has Snakes on a Plane come out yet?

I'm so behind on movies this summer in general. I probably need to see Clerks II before I watch something else.

Clerks II looks really good and Miami Vice could be good, Jamie Foxx is awesome

if you guys have accessibility to theatres that show these, i recommend:

strangers with candy
a scanner darkly

my brother has been talking about Snakes on a Plane since he came home. i mostly just think the name is funny. then again, it puts the plot out right in front of you. can't get much simpler (or uncreative) than that :D

Nikki2002 said:
this thread is the only thing that could make me venture into pre-allo land

hiii name twin

bananasmile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Clerks II was great--just the sort of thing to take your mind off of all this craziness.

Nikki2002 said:
this thread is the only thing that could make me venture into pre-allo land

Yeah, this place isn't conducive to keeping a healthy blood pressure. Too much stressing out 'round these parts.

katabu said:
Clerks II was great--just the sort of thing to take your mind off of all this craziness.

Did it live up to the original? I've kind of been assuming that they wouldn't have dared created a sequel if they weren't convinced they could match it in quality.

Snakes on a Plane comes out August 18th. I'm so stoked. For whatever reason, I fully expect the audience to cheer when Samuel L. Jackson says "We got mother****ing snakes on a mother****ing plane". It's so bad it's awesome.

i think some of the list threads CAUSE more stress than they alleviate

ie, "when is your pitt interview thread", or even the wall of shame/fame thread

Nikki2002 said:
pre-allo scares me--what the hell am i doing here?

Samuel L Jackson movies have that effect on people...

coco11 said:
i think some of the list threads CAUSE more stress than they alleviate

ie, "when is your pitt interview thread", or even the wall of shame/fame thread

Oh for sure. The Vandy thing has me buggin. Everytime I see the Wall of Fame add another one, I'm all "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *insert shirt wrenching here*

Severus said:
Snakes on a Plane comes out August 18th. I'm so stoked. For whatever reason, I fully expect the audience to cheer when Samuel L. Jackson says "We got mother****ing snakes on a mother****ing plane". It's so bad it's awesome.

That line was submitted to the writers by some internet movie geeks who insisted (and rightfully so) that "You can't have a movie with Samuel L Jackson and not give him any 'motherf'ing' lines."

Man, i had to take my speakers back home to create some surround sound action for movie night last night, but now I've got nothing here at work. No music! *gasp*

Looque said:
That line was submitted to the writers by some internet movie geeks who insisted (and rightfully so) that "You can't have a movie with Samuel L Jackson and not give him any 'motherf'ing' lines."

That is motherf'ing awesome.

The best thing about that tattoo is that it got the guy to shave his shoulder.

...alright, upper arm. But still.

Severus said:
Dude... that is the hairiest guy ever. He looks like a yeti. :eek:

Have you not looked at your avatar lately?

Looque said:
Did it live up to the original? I've kind of been assuming that they wouldn't have dared created a sequel if they weren't convinced they could match it in quality.

Yea, it def did.

Ok, serious question guys...are these stats good enough to get me into med school?

PHP:
SPLIT	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	BA	OBP	SLG
Season	98   346   56   110  18     0    28    93      1   .318  .404   .613
Career	1005 3497 648   1061 247    18   208   710    45   .303  .414   .563

FrogDoc07 said:
Ok, serious question guys...are these stats good enough to get me into med school?

PHP:

I'm concerned about your low triples and stolen base scores.

FrogDoc07 said:

PHP:

LOL :laugh:

Looque said:
I'm concerned about your low triples and stolen base scores.
Yeah, I'm kind of slow, but do you think my good EC's make up for that?

FrogDoc07 said:
Yeah, I'm kind of slow, but do you think my good EC's make up for that?

As Dr. Kuba suggested, a year off might be worth considering so you can build up your speed. After that, I think adcoms/general managers will be impressed with your well-rounded quality application.

So, when's ol' Fidel going to kick the bucket?

Looque said:
So, when's ol' Fidel going to kick the bucket?
Not sure, but after he dies how much longer does he expect his 75yo brother to reign? It's kind of like when the last pope died, the new pope was basically already on his death bed. And no, I'm not saying that communism = catholicism.

megboo said:
Can't wait. I'd love travel and tourism to open up to Cuba. I want to scuba there.

So long as Fidel's brother is still alive and in power, I don't think anything will change in American/Cuban relations. We'll have to wait for Raul (or is it Raoul?) to kick the bucket, too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Bus ride to posh salon: $2.00
Hair color and cut: $345.00 (yeah, tell me about that one) :eek:
Having some woman in the bathroom just ask me which Clairol color I use on my hair: priceless.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.