Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XXII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And now for part 22 ......

Members don't see this ad.

For our DJs:

500: Chariots of Fire
1000: Eye of the Tiger
2000: Overture of 1812 (with emphasis on cannons)
3000: Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto
4000: Livin' on a Prayer
5000: 5,000 Miles
7500: Another One Bites the Dust
10K: We Will Rock You
15K: William Tell Overture
20K: Celebration
30K: We Are the Champions

Members don't see this ad :)
And may I just express how humorous it is to watch Barbara Walters do a "Hot Topics" segment? Um...yeah. Funny stuff.

jochi1543 148
DocFunk 111
gradu8in2003 99
Nikki2002 94
Arsenic 84
Anastasis 59
megboo 50
PBandJ 49
TypeA 47
DrBowtie 39
pingouin 33
beary 32
lilithny 30
oxeye 26
QofQuimica 26
MSTPbound 23
Dr Durden 21
rcd 12
Mr. Tee 8
Crazy Canuck 6
AWhitehair 4
scotties123 4
ana 3
jade1013 2
Drewsuf 1
chicksdigdocs 1
ylitia 1
Pontifex Maximus 1
badasshairday 1

Pitiful showing, Twin. That's just sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you all know I'd buy whatever he was selling... :love:

I've become pretty interested in stock market stuff recently. It's actually kind of fun.
I probably should have taken a class in stocks in undergrad. I'm probably the worst econ major you'll meet.

Well you all know I'd buy whatever he was selling... :love:

I've become pretty interested in stock market stuff recently. It's actually kind of fun.

Just because some traders can make in a week what some neurosurgeons make in year is no reason to get excited about the markets.

Is it? :confused:

Just because some traders can make in a week what some neurosurgeons make in year is no reason to get excited about the markets.

Is it? :confused:
the market is pretty volatile. Big risk/reward job. It's pretty much a 24/7 job because you need to know what's happening all the time

Men are stupid.

I should be concerned about my night class... but instead i'm concerned about a certain someone in my night class (Mr. Right-but-didn't-know-it til after we broke up, the love of my life who broke my heart then calls to tell me he made a mistake 2 1/2 months later).

Why?

Somebody tell me why I'm concerned about this...

the market is pretty volatile. Big risk/reward job. It's pretty much a 24/7 job because you need to know what's happening all the time
Yeah and I am really not interested in day trading. It's more like the woman in me needs to "gather" but I hate shopping. Picking stocks/bond/mutual funds is close enough for me to get enjoyment out of it.

Plus hunting for deals has ended up saving me a lot of money.

Men are stupid.

I should be concerned about my night class... but instead i'm concerned about a certain someone in my night class (Mr. Right-but-didn't-know-it til after we broke up, the love of my life who broke my heart then calls to tell me he made a mistake 2 1/2 months later).

Why?

Somebody tell me why I'm concerned about this...

Because you are not over him. ;)

How's the replacement walking going?

EDIT: I meant this to be directed to beary re: not being able to give up WoW. Damn Quote malfunction

Ok...who is going to OPM? We are about a week away...you gotta make up your mind!!
TypeA - check
JLW - check
Meg - check
Mushy - um...hello? Houston, do we have an answer?? ;)
MM - see you there

Anyone else want to grace us with your presence???

We are getting ready to buy a new digital camera. Not because our old one is broken or anything, but the delay from hitting the button to actually taking the picture is ridiculous. Anyone have a cam that they like and doesn't have this problem?

We are getting ready to buy a new digital camera. Not because our old one is broken or anything, but the delay from hitting the button to actually taking the picture is ridiculous. Anyone have a cam that they like and doesn't have this problem?
i like my canon powershot. You could check that out.

OMG, so I stormed off from work....:laugh:

OK, so I've mentioned a few things about the crisis going on in our dept right now - our boss has been on medical leave for 2 months and will be off for another month (originally, she was only going to be off for ONE). So instead of 1 full time and 2 part-time people, we now have 2 part-time (one of which is me). I have not been trained to do ANYTHING when it comes to my boss' job. We are supervised by a management team in another city, about 2-2.5 hours away. I drive there several times a month, but for whatever reason, they just think it's not bad enough for them to "sacrifice" their "entire day" to come down to our store and see what a wreck our dept has turned into. Now, to top it off, my ****** coworker took off for a vacation this week (without teaching me how to do her job even though I had asked her, in written form), and our installer is away for a week because he's getting married.

Now, our manager from up North decided to come down, FINALLY. TWO months is all it took!:mad:

So now she shows up today, which is the WORST day for me, because I have a huge orgo final tomorrow that will have a major impact on my BCPM for this application cycle, so I really-really need to get an A - an A- won't make me happy. So the first thing to come out of her mouth is "I can't believe you're sitting here doing homework when there's so much work to be done!" EXCUSE ME!? I've been doing 3 people's jobs to the extent of my ability and dealing with tons of **** from everyone even though I haven't been trained to do any of these tasks!

Then we get 3 phone calls from customers, and guess what, Miss Know-it-all can't help them! So now she gets a taste of what it's like and apologizes to me for yelling at me for doing my homework because I didn't have the skills/knowledge to deal with everything else - because guess what, neither does she. Then I guess this phone call from a woman who starts harassing me because our installer (INSTALLER! Not me!) is away to get married. Why, she needs her **** installed right now and she doesn't care! I was trying to reason with her, but as most customers, she's got a handful of wood shavings for a brain and thinks she's the ****ing center of the universe, so she's not getting it. Ok, so I hand her over to the manager, which pulls the worst **** possible - she erases someone else from the installer's scheduler and schedules that crazy woman in! And then she leaves him a voicemail saying "WE" did it! Guess who'll get yelled at by the installer (who will obviously be upset) when he's back on Monday?

Ok, so she drives me to tears, I throw some things around, whatever. She calms me down and acknowledges that she should have come down months ago (DUH) and that it's not my fault that I haven't been trained after asking for training like 20 times, etc.

Fine. I've calmed down enough to agree to work the end of my shift with her and learn stupid ****, even though what I REALLY need to be doing now is studying for my orgo final. Did I mention I'm scheduled to work 12 days with 1 day off, that one day off being for me to drive 2.5 hours up North and then 2.5 hours back to write my orgo final? ARGH.:mad:

So I tough it out....until this ASSH0LE calls!

"I got my curtains from you and I want tiebacks." I'm like "Did you buy them from our department or the catalogue?" He's like "I bought them from the catalogue." I'm like "OK, we don't have tiebacks in stock, but you can come pick up a catalogue and pick something you like." He's like "I'm out in the country, I don't have a catalogue." I'm like "Do you have internet?" He hesitates and says "I don't" (yes, you do, assh0le, why are you hesitating to answer if you really don't?). I'm like "OK, I'm afraid that the only thing I can do for you is look in the catalogue if there are any, but you'd have to come up here and look at the actual styles and colors yourself." He's like "I don't want anything from the catalogue, I want my tiebacks TODAY!!!!!" I'm like "Sir, we don't have them in the store at all, the only thing I can suggest is trying other stores in town." He's like "Well, I just spent over a thousand dollars at your store, and now it's YOUR job to go and find whatever I want at some other store in town and bring it to me, TODAY!!!!"

I just threw the phone with this assh0le still on the line and b!tching at the wall and then stormed out of there. My manager ran after me screaming "No, Jochi, you can't, you can't!" I was like "I HAVE TO!!!!!!" and ran to my car before she could catch me. Luckily, she's in her 50s and wore high heels, and I'm young, a regular exerciser, and wore flats, so I beat her by a good measure.:laugh::laugh:

Something else. Well, she can't fire me for this. Still, she should be there on Thursday when I'm next scheduled to work, so it should be interesting.:smuggrin::hardy:

pretty crappy day jochi. You're going to get an A in orgo anyway so all this will be forgotten by then.

Oh god, I'm so glad I left work.:laugh:I should've left earlier. I still have to relax a bit before I can actually start studying. I still have an entire chapter to review, then do the practice final, and then tomorrow I'm hoping to write out all the basic reactions I have to memorize so I can glance at them while driving in the afternoon.

i could go for some coldstone... or food for that matter :oops:
I love Coldstone. But I've gained like 4 pounds in the 2 weeks that I was waiting/receiving my MCAT scores, writing my PS, and stressing at work. I've been able to stall the process, now I just need to reverse it!

I just made one of my favorite salads, but put too much lime juice in it, so now it's all sour.:thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.