Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted106503

A few ground rules. Everything you post must be RANDOM and more importantly, only peripherally related to the MCAT. See my example post below. I now await Beary's shirtless pic of Carl Edwards. C'mon Beary, A-man is dying to see it. :D

This is Ana's example:

vin_diesel.jpg

My, factually, better examples :D :

5482354yw2.jpg

1151166401169co4.jpg

aro2.jpg

And one final thing. GO GATORS! GO AGGIES! My parents are A&M alum...

Random Part 6 Tally said:
WilliamsF1 1,307
Nikki2002 991
Arsenic 852
jlw9698 703
Anastasis 691
beary 689
RAD11 512
Dr Durden 443
oxeye 424
BrettBatchelor 396
Teerawit 392
mshheaddoc 378
megboo 258
lilithny 255
MollyMalone 229
scentimint 219
UMP 203
TypeA 201
Crazy Canuck 190
QofQuimica 144
ironmanf14 121
EvoDevo 109
Tanner82 98
supernova33418 70
gujuDoc 45
ChymeChancellor 22
DRKUBA 20
Dr. Pepper 14
Cozmosis 12
Pemberley 3
abadri421 3
ylitia 2
da_donut 2
Bismuth 2
tik-tik-clock 1
spicedmanna 1
RPedigo 1
predoc07 1
waterski.232002 1
Noeljan 1
docolive 1
PWH 1

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I can't wait to go back. There are so many national parks around there too - I just didn't have time to do everything I wanted.

I ended up ranking Utah fourth basically just because I loved SLC so much. :oops: I can totally see myself living there - far away from my family though.

thanks for the info beary! i'll totally look into that area next year

yeah, pressure ulcers are horrible. saw a really bad one on a demented patient when i was on geriatrics, poor guy. he couldnt talk or even feed himself, that ulcer must have hurt so bad.

esp when you can almost see the bone :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
we need some major post whoring and pimping to kill this thread in less than 3 hours :D Where are the rest of us? :laugh:

hey ppl!

i just finished my paper. whoop. i'm here to help ko the thread :D

damn, sexy coffee smelling lady. i have always thought coffee smelled better than it tasted.

SA should treat you well!

thats true! i always forget you were a power lifter beary, every time you mention it i'm like "thats right!" :laugh:

I gotta get back into it. I enjoyed it so much and got pretty strong.

I destroyed my knees with squatting though. I finally went to ortho like a year ago and got x-rays and they were like, um, you have really bad osteoarthritis. Bone spurs and all that.

Though they don't hurt as bad as they used to. Must be because I basically never use them anymore. :laugh:

If/when I get back into lifting I'm not even going to think about competing. I am way too fat now anyway and being so tall makes it really hard to make a decent weight class (even if somehow all my fat just magically melted away). Also, I wouldn't go below parallel with squatting. You have to go below parallel for a lift to count in competition. I know so many people say it's not bad for your knees but my personal experience says otherwise. I used PERFECT form too - no cheating.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta get back into it. I enjoyed it so much and got pretty strong.

I destroyed my knees with squatting though. I finally went to ortho like a year ago and got x-rays and they were like, um, you have really bad osteoarthritis. Bone spurs and all that.

Though they don't hurt as bad as they used to. Must be because I basically never use them anymore. :laugh:

If/when I get back into lifting I'm not even going to think about competing. I am way too fat now anyway and being so tall makes it really hard to make a decent weight class (even if somehow all my fat just magically melted away). Also, I wouldn't go below parallel with squatting. You have to go below parallel for a lift to count in competition. I know so many people say it's not bad for your knees but my personal experience says otherwise. I used PERFECT form too - no cheating.
theres probably a genetic component, the fact that you just added that much stress to the joints earlier in life just accelerated it. do your parents or grandparents have OA?

oh and how much were you lifting beary?!?!?

I'm reading this book Internal Bleeding written by 2 docs......it's about medical mistakes in the hospital....pretty interesting

You guys should see the leg amputations I get. :barf:

Let's just say you don't even need a bone saw to cut out the bone for histology. Just a scalpel. :eek:

WOW :eek:

beary have you ever examined a uterus that was taken out laparoscopically? they do it with a tool called a morcelator and basically take it out in tiny pieces before they send it to path. they were making jokes saying that the pathologists should love it because they already cut it into sections for them. :laugh:

beary have you ever examined a uterus that was taken out laparoscopically? they do it with a tool called a morcelator and basically take it out in tiny pieces before they send it to path. they were making jokes saying that the pathologists should love it because they already cut it into sections for them. :laugh:

No I haven't!!! I have only ever had one uterus because the only surg path we do first year is at the VA. I am sure I will see those second year when I'm on gyn path at the U.

That's hilarious, I would love that. :laugh: I got a lot of TURPs (trans-urethral resection of prostate) and it's the same way, a million little pieces of prostate. I just take some and dump it in a cassette. :D

No I haven't!!! I have only ever had one uterus because the only surg path we do first year is at the VA. I am sure I will see those second year when I'm on gyn path at the U.

That's hilarious, I would love that. :laugh: I got a lot of TURPs (trans-urethral resection of prostate) and it's the same way, a million little pieces of prostate. I just take some and dump it in a cassette. :D

:smuggrin:

As much as I want to help participate in the thread killing, I'm tired and gonna take another nap. Now that my pager is off I should be able to sleep uninterrupted. :sleep:

I'll see you guys in a bit!

I always hate coming back to a locked thread because I want to make replies to the things people said but can't. :laugh:

Take care folks.

As much as I want to help participate in the thread killing, I'm tired and gonna take another nap. Now that my pager is off I should be able to sleep uninterrupted. :sleep:

I always hate coming back to a locked thread because I want to make replies to the things people said but can't. :laugh:

Take care folks.

nooooooooooo

Take care folks.

it'll probably still be open, rad and i cant do it all alone.... or can we? :idea:

A-man I don't think I can kill the thread with you :oops:

I need to do some errands :(

see you guys in a bit too....maybe for part 8 already :wow:....need to get some stuff done.....cya!

edit: damnit i missed beary!!! it's taking forever to load...it wouldn't let me post!!

beary--on the costume. put a skirt and fake eyelashes on, and go as a sorority girl.

there was a guy as a frat guy at the halloween party i went to last night. He was dressed normally but he put his winter hat barely on like the frat guys do (it looks so dumb!) and that was that.

:)

i'm doing good. sister will be here in 3 hours..it's the visiting time of the month!