Ragging / Hazzing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is ragging or hazing done at the medical schools. Also does anyone have any information about Krishna medical College?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

where is this college ?????

I think this school is in Karnataka.

Members don't see this ad :)
if u r talking about Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences then its at Karad in Maharashtra. correct me if i am wrong.

As far as ragging is concerned it depends on what college u r in, which state it is in, how is the overall crowd at the college, how smart u r and all things like that...... ;)

I am personally in very much favour of restrained ragging. Among other things i once sat for an hour on head of femur during one ragging session but today the same people who ragged me are one of my best buddies... :p

I am personally in very much favour of restrained ragging. Among other things i once sat for an hour on head of femur during one ragging section but today the same people who ragged me are one of my best buddies...
i can feel that man...damn ..first six months were like hell .....my roommates ....batch of 90 ! really made my life miserable ...bur all bad things come to an end ....so i enjoyed giving & recieving ragging after that !

Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences then its at Karad in Maharashtra

This is the school that I am talking about. Does anyone know anything about this school, also is the ragging only for the male students, or is for the female students as well??

well i know little more than name and place of college. I have heard KIMS is going for deemed university status if it doesnt have it already. That means admission process is going to be totally in control of college authorities ;) I dont think KIMS even appear in the list of TOP 15 medical colleges of maharashtra state. Karad is small city and has little to offer to an international medical student. Even people here in Mumbai rather prefer studying at private medical college in Mumbai than studying at a government run college outside mumbai..... obviously i am tallking about rich people :p . But if u r not fuzzy and willing to adapt or u have experience of living in small cities in India u shouldnt have problem. If u want to learn medicine in southern maharashtra u need to be fluent in Marathi coz many of them even dont know hindi. Everything depends upon u r adaptability........ bottomline is- STICK TO COLLEGES IN BIG CITIES if u want to study medicine in india at all.

hey today i saw freshers for the first time but strangely i didnt have the urge to rag them!!!!

Wat the heckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....what is this "Ragging / Hazzing" stuff..sorry i am currently attending college in US and never heard of such thing in college.

booboo said:
Wat the heckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....what is this "Ragging / Hazzing" stuff..sorry i am currently attending college in US and never heard of such thing in college.
Over here its known as "hazing", y'know like initiation of the freshmen.

allergic2morons said:
hey today i saw freshers for the first time but strangely i didnt have the urge to rag them!!!!

it looks serious!!! u need 2 get a brainscan now.. boy u r taking studies too seriously. yesterday i ragged this poor fella till 3o'clock in morning. now i realise why ragging is so severe when u have to face a frustrated 3rd year student... :p Yesteday i was really feeling very low.... my case presentation was total disaster :(

shardul said:
it looks serious!!! u need 2 get a brainscan now.. boy u r taking studies too seriously. yesterday i ragged this poor fella till 3o'clock in morning. now i realise why ragging is so severe when u have to face a frustrated 3rd year student... :p Yesteday i was really feeling very low.... my case presentation was total disaster :(

:p i think i've grown out of all these things......

I Am A 1st Year In Mumbai. Im In Somaiya And Here Students Are Ragged More Than In Gov Colleges. I Hope None Of My Seniors Are Reading This Post :hungover: .

shardul said:
if u r talking about Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences then its at Karad in Maharashtra. correct me if i am wrong.

As far as ragging is concerned it depends on what college u r in, which state it is in, how is the overall crowd at the college, how smart u r and all things like that...... ;)

I am personally in very much favour of restrained ragging. Among other things i once sat for an hour on head of femur during one ragging session but today the same people who ragged me are one of my best buddies... :p

people haze the new students in medical school in India?? Is there even time for this with all the crazy studying?? Isn't hazing mainly a college thing? just curious?

ucsb101 ragging goes on for the whole year or atleast that is what one of my seniors told me :( . one of my immediate senior told me that he had been ragged for the whole 1st year and now he is returning the favour to us .

maybe i will return the favour next year to my juniors :p

Whats up bro...It took me a second to realize what movie you were quoting in your little personal information thing...but mann i tell u thats the most hilarious movie. My friend and I crack up everytime we watch it and the funny thing is we end up going to an indian buffet the next day!!!...anyways..
to sign off...

Uncle: Ohhh...U go the tyampul

QUOTE=sunny123]Over here its known as "hazing", y'know like initiation of the freshmen.[/QUOTE]

Which movie are u talking about???????

What do they exactly do to you when the "rag" on you? Do they get you real drunk or something? It seems to me that they're calling you names aka raggin on you but that can't be the case. What do they do? ps your avatar is freakin me out

@Montesi Formula : cool avatar dude! which college?